Country

France

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Hello,

Please excuse me in advance but for such a long description, I will use a translator to convert French.

I am having a problem since I bought my Samsung S20 (September 2020).
I already opened an identical topic last year on the Samsung Community site without result, telling me to lean more towards Spotify.

So, I use Spotify in the car daily when working with Android Auto.
When I arrive in customers, I switch off the ignition of my car and start my intervention. So far, so good.

But after a random period of time my phone starts playing music without any action on my part on it and always ...

It's very disturbing because depending on the volume setting of the phone it can be triggered at any time and be super loud!

I have already tried to remedy the problem by completely quitting the application after leaving the car without success, the application starts by itself.

Incidentally, when I turn on a bluetooth device, it may happen that Spotify playback automatically switches to it without any action on my part.

I am therefore looking at a similar problem related to a bluetooth connection / disconnection (Android Auto using bluetooth for audio even with a cable)

Following the Samsung topic I obviously tried to:
- Clear app cache
- Reinstall the application entirely
- Reset the Samsung S20 (only with Spotify in order to limit the effects linked to a third-party application)

All this without success ...

I use Spotify a lot and this problem is really starting to reduce my satisfaction with its use. Hope you can help me solve this problem.

Thank you in advance.
Regards.

10 Replies

I am having a very similar issue (Samsung Note 8, Android 9.0). No matter what I do, short of leaving Spotify completely uninstalled, it will randomly start playing music out my headphones without any action on my part, and does not stop unless I manually open up the Spotify app and turn it back off. It's even done this during work meetings! Embarrassing!

This is the only other time I've seen someone else appear to have this issue, and I cannot seem to find a solution online.

Hey @Bigmass and @Puppy528

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

In case you still experience this after performing a clean reinstall of Spotify on your mobile device follow the steps below:

1. Open the Reset Password form in a private/incognito window and create a new, strong password you haven’t used for another online service; 

2. Open your Account Page, scroll down and click on SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

Once you've completed the steps, log out of your Spotify account, restart the phone and log back in to see if this persists. 

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop here. 

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. I have just done the manipulations mentioned. I would use Spotify again from Monday to check if the behavior is similar.

I will keep you informed.
See you soon.

Hello,

I was finally able to test, unfortunately the problem persists.
It didn't change anything, the problem repeated itself several times.

A co-worker informed me that he also has the same problem with the same phone ...

There is nothing to do I have the impression.

Hey @Bigmass,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The point that Android Auto connects over Bluetooth even when the phone is connected via cable leads us to believe it's possible that your car's infotainment system might be causing this. Could you check if there are any updates available for it's firmware? Also, does this happen in other situations, not only after being connected in your car?

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout or your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It was just an issue when I use Android Auto, same as my co-worker.

We have this smartphone since september 2020 and the issue continue wathever some firmware upgrade of the phone or update of Android Auto.

Hey @Bigmass,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

You mention that you've already done a factory reset on your phone, this should limit the chance of Android Auto malfunctioning. Since we haven't seen a lot of similar reports on the Community issue, we feel that this is most likely isolated to your specific device set-up. Could you also perform a factory reset of the car's infotainment system and see if that resolves things?

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello!

I was having the same issue and found this solution. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Starts-playing-a-sleep-playlist-betwen-20-30-and-21-00-each...

Hope it helps you too!

Stephanie 

Hey there @jurismorte,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

It's really nice of you to share what worked for you to the other users 🙂

Have a continued great Saturday and weekend.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, 

I had the same issue. Go into "settings", "lock screen", "edit widgets", then turn off the music tab. 

Suggested posts