Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung S5 Equalizer Loudness Issue

Samsung S5 Equalizer Loudness Issue

Hi!

When i turn on the equalizer on the spotify app, the maximal loudness is reduced. when i skip from song to song, the sound is loud enough, but then the phone reduces the loudness automatically after 1 second. why? is there any known issue and a work around? 

5 Replies

Hi,

Android works slightly differently, rather than having EQ's per app/system etc they all tap into a global EQ which controls all volumes, settings globally for all apps that tap into the media output sound channel. The inbuilt EQ in Spotify is essentially just a link to the equalizer built into the ROM or added as an additional app. It can take up to a second for the EQ to apply any adjustments and this is what you are noticing when the EQ is enabled.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

ok, but its really annoying to hear the volume-decrease at the beginning. the second annoying point is, that with the equalizer activated, the volume also gets too low...

That I'm afraid is a fault with the EQ and not Spotify. I agree it is annoying, I use an EQ and too get disruption as it normalises.

It may be worth trying a different equaliser app and see if that makes it better?

Equalizer is one option. 

Android Troubleshooting:

yes. i already tried different ones but had the same problem: first, the volume is significantly reduced when an equalizer is used and second you always hear the decrease at the beginning of the song (as you said the volume is normalized). 

i dont know if that is a problem of the samsung equalizer, because this doesnt happen with the samsung s5 music player. here it is possible to activate the equalizer without any of these problems.

It's annoying I agree. I've just come to live with it and the equaliser I use is pretty good at starting as soon as the track starts. However if do get the occasional blip (sometimes in the middle of a track) when the eq decides to reapply itself.

If you're rooted and interested in then try viper4Android

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts