Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung S6 Edge - Stuttering audio glitches (after screen off?)

Samsung S6 Edge - Stuttering audio glitches (after screen off?)

Hi all,

I'm having issues with Spotify on my S6 Edge. Whether through headphones or over bluetooth, the songs have little glitches in the audio, as if the audio is pausing for a fraction of a second before restarting. The glitches happen in different places when I restart the song, so it's not the audio recording, but I think I've spotted a pattern that at least one occurs shortly after the screen switches off. Sometimes it's just one or two, sometimes there's a cluster of about five or more glitches over the course of about 10-20 seconds. And sometimes they kick in in earnest about 60-90 seconds into a song, but they can happen without warning sometimes.

Phone OS and Spotify all updated to the latest. It also happens on multiple quality WiFi networks and on 4G data. And I'm about to chuck my phone out the window.

I've tried reinstalling the app, but it hasn't fixed the issue. It's also not fixed by exempting it from the battery management list. 

Any help would be massively received!

8 Replies

I have the exact same problem, try putting the spotify app under the unmonitored apps in the battery menu.

It helped but it didnt fix the stuttering completely.

I have no idea how to completely fix the problem.

I'm experiencing the same problem for about 2 months now (when screen is off). After applying all solutions I found in the community (reinstalling, battery management etc.), the problem still occurs.

I have the exact same problem. I feel like it's just the S6 that has problems with this.

I have the exact same issue with S6. I have tested every community solutions.

Any chance for a fix? I'm considering to cancel my premium and move to a concurrent provider. 

My solution to this problem was to create a new account. Talk to tech
support to help you with that.

I have the same problem. What I have seens is that if I use another sound app, like google music, or a podcast app, I don't gte the issue.

Reading around in different forums I found some information about Samsung lowering the CPU performance while the screen is off in order to save battery. Spotify is a resource hungry app, and reducing the CPU could be impacting performance.
So, questions to teh community:

1.-Anyone having this issue with a non-Samsung phone?

2.-Does your problem goes away if you have the phone on all the time? like not in lock screen

3.-In lock screen, do you get the problem over bluetooh and wifi? or just bluetooth?

I read some people rooting the phones and changing the CPU performace, and this solved the situation...

I will do some tests myself and check if this theory applies

I also have the S6 edge, in my case it started a few weeks ago and it is unbearable. I found some possible solutions in many forums but none worked (as you already know). Contributing to your questions: 1- My mother and my sister use Spotify in their J7s (both with personal accounts, we do not have the family package) and it works great. This means that it is not the fault of all Samsung devices, only with the S6 / S6edge. 2- When I play a song and keep the screen on, mini-cuts are few and only appear in the first songs (after 2 or 3, they no longer happen). The real **bleep** appears when I block the cell phone (which is horrible since usually one listen music with the screen turned off), the cuts are very constant, from 10 to 15 in each and every one of the songs. If you want more details, the first user describes them very precisely. 3- I checked that my wifi and bluethoot are working correctly at all times. The performance of the CPU makes sense, I also saw in other pages talk about that after updating many times spotify on certain devices, the data of the application began to be damaged or corrupted. For my part I can assume that the problem is the latest update of Android software: That update came out quite a while ago but I never installed it on my device because I saw the new interface on other cell phones and I did not like it. A few weeks ago the update was installed automatically in my phone coinciding with the beginning of the cuts in Spotify. I will wait for the next update of Android and if the problem is not solved, obviously I will change to another similar application. I liked Spotify a lot, a pity. I hope I have helped, sorry for my bad english and greetings from Argentina!

I’m so frustrated by this bug…
I did many more tests yesterday thinking about this of the CPU and the lock screen.
In my case the bug happens while driving connecting over bluetooth. But it’s only on spotify because any other app works fine under the same circumstances.

So to my most recents test:

At home, using wifi connected to my bluetooth bar: No problem at all on a 1 hour period’
At home, using 4G connected to my bluetooth bar: no problem at all
at home, using wifi and 4g on the phone speaker: no problem

All 4 test where trying with or without the lock screen, and everything worked fine.

As soon as I get into my car, not more than a few seconds later, the problems starts.

Checked again if the problem happens with any other app, and no… google music, and podcast app works flawless…

So frustrating, I don’t know what else to do

Suggested posts