Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung S9 plus - Android - downloaded songs

Samsung S9 plus - Android - downloaded songs

Premium plan

Device

Samsung s9 plus

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Every Spotify update or phone reboot causes all downloaded songs on SD card to disappear and starts to download onto internal memory.

3rd time in about 30 days this has occurred. One of these times I was out on vacation with no access to wifi or data and therefore no music for the entire vacation.

Previous tickets show this as a closed but known issue but the problem still exists.

If the access to the SD card is a timing issue, why not put in a delay or possibly even a check user command/a pop up request to check whether to reset or not. Frustrating to have to redownload my entire list of music. Even more disappointing when not in a location to do this and to be without the music. This is the best feature of the premium plan in my opinion and if this is not fixed.. why continue to pay for it?

3 Replies

A fourth time now in September. All songs had to be redownloaded, then transferred back to the SD card. Why do the downloaded songs disappear from the SD card? Anyone have any info or plan?

Contacted Spotify via chat, and the agent was able to reset something with some of the offline settings. He believes this will have fixed this. I hope he was right. Time will tell. If you are having a similar issue.. use chat, these boards seem more like a venting board rather than a method to solve problems.

And back to venting.. woke up today to find that the storage permission was changed, likely an overnight update, all downloaded music gone.. again. This is ridiculous.

Suggested posts