Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung galaxy watch issue

Solved!

Samsung galaxy watch issue

Hi,

Everytime my phone rings or I end a call, I reject a call etc spotify starts playing. I close the app but it doesn't matter.

This started after I downloaded the offline content. It is very annoying and also disturbs me at work as well as drains the battery.

Spotify Premium

Sweden

Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm

Tizen

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

On your watch, does software show a string ending in BSA4? (Settings/Device Info/Software)?

View solution in original post

44 Replies

Hey EggNod!

I have had a look to see if other users are experiencing the same problem as you and it seems like they are. 

Unfortunately due to the Galaxy Watch be a new device and receiving a vast majority of updates due to fix issues in it's operating system this can always break third party apps such as Spotify. 

- This also seems to be an optimization problem with the Tizen OS and Spotify as Gear S3 devices share the same OS as the Galaxy Watch

I have linked a previous query below, please check it out and keep your Spotify app up-to-date to ensure you have all of the latest features and fixes available to you. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Gear-S3-Tizen-3-0-No-way-to-permanently-stop-playbac...

Any news on when a fix for this issue will be. A little dissapointed that this hasn't been fixed yet. Seems to be an ongoing problem. Have to unistall Spotify for now, as it is very embarrasing in a meeting that your watch starts playing music when you reject a call.

I'm so disappointed with this trouble. The main reason to buy this watch was listening Spotify while doing my sports exercises. But then I had to remove the app from my watch  because of this trouble. I hope the Spotify team knows about the issue and working to fix it.

This issue was posted a YEAR ago and you guys still can't figure out how to keep it from autoplaying after the speaker was used for anything? Even when the spotify app is closed?

Why am I paying for premium, again?

The owners of Gear S3 eventually gave up waiting for an update (judging by the date of the last post). That's awesome, but they somehow moved the issue to the next generation of watches, based on different OS. And the attitude towards their customers still the same - total neglect. 

Spotify and Samsung appear to have no interest in fixing this - the last Spotify app update for the watch was nearly a year ago. 

I have tried just about everything to see what is causing this - the only option right now is to :

1. Put your watch into power saving mode and then back into normal mode to stop this from happening

2. Move to an alternative stremaing app - Tidal has just relased a similar app for the Galaxy watch - it is also somewhat buggy but does not ring each time a call is ended 

Having the same issue.  Got the Galaxy Watch for Christmas, specifically because it had Spotify available and I have premium. This is ridiculous!!!

Nothing new on this still??

I also have the same issue

One of the key features was to access spotify from my watch but now I had to uninstall it, I don't want music playing in the middle of a meeting because I failed to answer a phone call. 

I require a more permanent resolution rather than temporary ones

Cheers

I finally uninstalled Spotify. Between this and the lack of Google Assistant, I'm really disappointed. One thing I did notice and I'm happy with is that the built in music player does control my phones music. It works great as a remote, I then have bluetooth speakers hooked up to my phone or my phone streaming spotify to my home speaker system, and it works great. It controls spotify much better than having the app. I should be able to use Spotify, I can't believe this is still an issue. 

This is mad just got a galaxy watch and same issue here I also pay for Spotify family package but might have to reconsider if this is not getting looked at. At least tell people if you are investigating it or not.

Thanks

Danny

Come on Spotify! At least tell us why you are not fixing this issue

Well I’m still waiting too on a solution

Me too. It's ridicolous that there's no reply/update...

Maybe it’s Samsung’s fault too is the app on the watch from Spotify?

Found another issue the Battery life -.-

Hey @EggNod thanks for reaching out to the community,

I have a Samsung Gear S3 and had a very similar issue, I suggest unistalling Spotify on your watch then reinstalling it. That seemed to work for me. If the issue still persists, let me know. 

-J

The issue still persists.

Hi guys,

I agree that this is a very annoying bug but I would be as drastic as uninstalling the app. 

Have you tried to just sign out from spotify in the app while not listening to music? This seems to solve the issue for me at least and I don't think we would need to be logged in while in a business meeting anyway, right? 😉

Suggested posts