Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung s6 equaliser stabiliy

Samsung s6 equaliser stabiliy

Anyone have issues with s6 eq? I find it very frustrating, stability is not great. Why can't phone manufacturers implement a decent eq? I went to Samsung they said speak to Spotify...
4 Replies

Spotify brings its own equalizer function. Except where the device manufacturers have disabled the function (example : LG disable to possibility to use the Spotify equalizer in the LG G3).

If the equalizer in the Spotify app is not 'stable' (what does that mean?), then it is probably a Spotify issue.

If other music apps, including whatever native music app Samsung included with their phone (for listening to mp3 tracks etc) works ok, then this confirms that the issue is the Spotify app.

So how do you let Spotify know there is an issue?

The issue is Spotify app, is there no actual cust services with Spotify? Is there a way of getting a response?

Actually Spotify does not have an eq in the Android app. It will tap into the system eq which may be provided by Android, a manufacturer or even a third-party app... some manufacturers disable the EQ entirely (HTC for example) meaning you have to use an app to be able to modify the eq.

If no EQ is available then the Spotify app will not show the 'Audio Settings' screen under the music quality section of the app settings.

Therefore if there is an issue with the EQ this must lie with the equaliser and you should contact whoever provides it for you.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts