Premium

Country

CZ

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Oreo, 4.9.59-16553818 / Spotify 8.5.25.894

My Question or Issue

I have S9 paired with Philips Bluetooth module connected to my AVR. After latest update to the Samsung  / or to the Spotify (btw "thanks" for removing that widget, great idea to **bleep** people off) the Spotify acts weird. 

Here is what is happening - I start playing music (offline, online doesnt matter), phone goes after 30 sec to lock. After a while (sometimes minute, sometimes 20 minute, random pattern) playback stops. If I do no action, playback resumes after 20 - 30 seconds, then after few minutes stops again and resumes, etc. The periods of playback is getting shorter and shorter and pauses longer and longer. Eventually, when I unlock the phone, music starts immediately playing again, and locking phone immediately stops music. 

I have notices when I play on phone and control via PC, as soon as playback stops, app on Samsung goes offline ("you are listening on ..." dissapears).

Depsite I have followed the usual advice - clear data, uninstall, install, make sure data backgroud, battery opt. is off.. nothing seems to help (apart of keeping screen on).

Happens on my BT Phillips module and with JBL Flip4 which is all my BT devices.

Whats happending, I see this issue reported since 2018, is there ANY progress? 

2 Replies

Hey @GoRingo 

Samsung introduced an agressive power saving option which is closing Spotify when the application is sent to the background or the screen display turned off. Check this thread.

There is a battery saving option that you may need to turn off.

From your phone, can you go to Settings > Battery > tap the three-dot icon at the top > Battery optimisation > tap the drop-down arrow > All apps > Spotify > Don't optimize.

Or it may appear as Settings > Battery > App Power Saving > Detail > (if On) Spotify > Turn off.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, I already stated in original post that I checked battery saving option (running on high performance all the time, data background and sleeping mode). Your next link goes to 404 error. I don't use battery optimization for any app since I use phone for other streaming services (no issues there) and nav / tracking apps. As for now, only Spotify exhibits this issue.

Suggested posts