Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Save album button disappeared

Solved!

Save album button disappeared

Somehow the save album button disappeared. It was there a couple of weeks ago but now I can't find it anywhere. I've been all over the app and its gone.

Plan

Premium

Country

Usa

Device

Google pixel

Operating System

Android 10

Spotify 8.5.24.762

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've been having the same problem!!! its driving me up the wall 

I've searched the other threads and found that theyve changed it so that when you 'like' an album it doesn't get added to your library, just gets saved with the other albums. How frustrating!

Here is the thread https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Getting-to-know-the-new-Your-Library/ta-p/4766771

View solution in original post

17 Replies

If what you are referring to is the ability to save a full album to a playlist, this feature was recently removed from the app. As far as I'm aware, the mods are currently addressing these concerns and hopefully the discussions about bringing it back will work 🙂

I just noticed the same thing! I'm not talking about saving to playlists but saving to my library so that the album appears under "Albums". The function was definitely there just yesterday.

Germany

Google Pixel 3a

Android 10

Spotify 8.5.24.762

No, not save to a playlist. Just save the album to my library.

What this means is that I no longer have the concept of "my" music, and
rummaging through my albums... Like rummaging through my physical media in
search of inspiration... Becomes impossible. Removing one button is a
horrible paradigm shift.

1st world problem, I know...

No, I'm not talking about saving an album to a playlist. I am talking about the save album button, so it will appear in my library in my list of albums.

Who's making these decisions? And where is it being discussed? 

Just this moment I opened the web player and went to an album. There are some dots and I clicked on them and it gave me options for the album. One of them is "save to your library"

It took spotify 5 years to make it is possible for android users to arrange songs in their playlist. Why does Spotify seem to delight I screwing up basic functionality for android users? I swear, If and when this ever comes back I'm going to disable updates.

Marked as solution

I've been having the same problem!!! its driving me up the wall 

I've searched the other threads and found that theyve changed it so that when you 'like' an album it doesn't get added to your library, just gets saved with the other albums. How frustrating!

Here is the thread https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Getting-to-know-the-new-Your-Library/ta-p/4766771

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but when you open the album you want to save, there is a heart shaped icon next to the 3 dots on the upper right side corner of the screen that will favourite that album and move it to your albums list (accesible from "Your Library" tab). From there, you can add that album to a playlist by longpresing the album and selecting that option from the dropdown menu (which is weird since that option is not available from the menu that appears when pressing the 3 dots when inside the album). 

Another option would be to download the full album directly from the search tab. That will automatically add the album to your albums list + all the songs will be downloaded for offline reproduction. 

Was thay what you were needing? 

That is precisely what I discovered. First, I resorted to this pain-in-the-**bleep** kind of solution: choose "download album" -> quickly head to the albums section where the entry now appears -> abort download. Then I finally tried that stupid heart icon which apparently replaced the actual button for saving something to your library. An explanation upon removal of the former button would have been nice though...

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this!

You should see a heart icon in the top-right corner of an album, next to the three-dot menu. Tapping on the heart will save the album to Your Library.

Let us know if you're experiencing any issues with this - we'll be happy to help you out.

I don’t see the heart icon next to the three dots

Hey there @Warrengs,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

When accessing an album, the heart icon should show up on the top like so: 

Alternatively, you can try clicking the three dot menu next to it and tapping Like on the menu that pops up.

If you're having troubles seeing the heart icon, we'd recommend trying a quick reinstallation of the app following the steps here.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Happy Holidays 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

return the save button and why do i have to "follow" an artist for a saved album to show up in my library.....quit **bleep**ing with it and make it user friendly

Hey @Daronstripling,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Note that you don't have to follow an artist for a saved album to appear in your Library. You can head over to the album you like and once you click on the heart button it will appear in your Library under Music> Albums. If you'd like to save all songs from the album, you can click on the three dots in the upper right corner in the upper right corner in the album view on a mobile device and select Like all songs. You can learn more on how to use the new Library here

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

Thanks for the info……but why keep messing with the platform…..leave it alone …..what was wrong w save????now its heart and do this and do that …….stupid!!!!!!!

Here's the problem. Sorting by album or artist doesn't arrange them by either. So if I sort by artist it mixes the albums, and if I sort by album it mixes the artists. Its a really frustrating setup, especially for people who listen to an artist's whole album(including the entire stand up comedy genre). You don't put Pink Floyd or George Carlin on Shuffle, you listen to the whole album, man! So my solution to anyone reading this is to make Playlists with Artist name's, and save the songs in the albums in order. Its a workaround until they fix it, at least. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

We'd suggest you first like the album. Then you can click on Albums in Your Library and play the specific album. The order of the songs should be set by default. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about the Liked Songs section with us and will make sure to pass it on to the right team. You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't you can check these steps and submit your idea. Rest assured that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.    

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator

Put the button back …quit **bleep**ing**bleep**

that add it to favorites or whatever but not to a specific playlist.   Is that feature currently disabled for some reason??

Suggested posts