Save to sd card?

Reply

Save to sd card?

bkamrani
Casual Listener
Would someone please tell me how to save on sd card? I have latest spotify 5.5 (just reinstalled) and android 6. But I can't find this option at all?

This app is getting worse and worse. The other day it used my mobile data instead of offline saved data, which cost me a lot. So annoying!
5 Replies

Re: Save to sd card?

Kamran
Composer

@bkamrani wrote:
Would someone please tell me how to save on sd card? I have latest spotify 5.5 (just reinstalled) and android 6. But I can't find this option at all?

This app is getting worse and worse. The other day it used my mobile data instead of offline saved data, which cost me a lot. So annoying!

It should be listed under "Storage" in Settings. Let me know if you're able to find it! If you can't, try reinstalling the app again. It should also be noted that you need a 1GB or larger SD card to be able to use your SD card as a storage device in Spotify. If it still doesn't work, then maybe your specific phone doesn't allow applications to use SD cards as a storage device.

 

P.S. Here's the support article from Spotify themselves as well: Save to SD Card

 

P.P.S. Here's a screenshot. (I'm personally using Spotify 5.6.674 beta, but it should be the same setting even in Spotify 5.5.)

 

Screenshot_20160620-203523.pngStorage Options

Re: Save to sd card?

bkamrani
Casual Listener

Appreciated your time to response, however, I have actually checked out that article, and it wasn't helpful.

 

The problem in my case is that I do not find "Storage" option in the Settings. Where should it be, and why is it hidden in my case? 

 

There is about +30GB space on my SD card, so that should be OK. Also, my phone is Samsung galaxy S5, with Android 6 on it. I have reinstalled Spotify at least twice, and it always behaves the same, and the build is 5.5.0.653. 

 

PS. the other day, Spotify used tons of my mobile data for playing an offline (saved) album while it should be offline. I am going to be charged by my phone service provider. Pretty disappointed by an app that expected to behave professionally!

Re: Save to sd card?

Kamran
Composer

@bkamrani wrote:

Appreciated your time to response, however, I have actually checked out that article, and it wasn't helpful.

 

The problem in my case is that I do not find "Storage" option in the Settings. Where should it be, and why is it hidden in my case? 

 

There is about +30GB space on my SD card, so that should be OK. Also, my phone is Samsung galaxy S5, with Android 6 on it. I have reinstalled Spotify at least twice, and it always behaves the same, and the build is 5.5.0.653. 

 

PS. the other day, Spotify used tons of my mobile data for playing an offline (saved) album while it should be offline. I am going to be charged by my phone service provider. Pretty disappointed by an app that expected to behave professionally!


If it's hidden then it means your phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) doesn't allow applications like Spotify to use the SD card as storage. Sorry about that!

Re: Save to sd card?

bkamrani
Casual Listener

Wrong answer! S5 does support SD storage. 

 

In my case, the reason Storage option was hidden was that the SD card didn't have the proper connection (loose). In other words, the phone was totally unaware of the SD card. I just ensured of the connection by relocating the card, and made a clean uninstall (removed all spotify folders in both memories) and reinstalled Spotify. It seems to work now. 

 

To me hiding the option is a bad GUI design. I'd have preferred to have it 'unavailable' (grayed out) instead. 

Highlighted

Re: Save to sd card?

Kamran
Composer

@bkamrani wrote:

Wrong answer! S5 does support SD storage. 

 

In my case, the reason Storage option was hidden was that the SD card didn't have the proper connection (loose). In other words, the phone was totally unaware of the SD card. I just ensured of the connection by relocating the card, and made a clean uninstall (removed all spotify folders in both memories) and reinstalled Spotify. It seems to work now. 

 

To me hiding the option is a bad GUI design. I'd have preferred to have it 'unavailable' (grayed out) instead. 


Oh, sorry about that again. Sometimes I'm wrong. Sorry! Glad you were able to figure it out though.

SUGGESTED POSTS