Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Saved albums not working

Solved!

Saved albums not working

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Google Pixel

Operating System

Android 9 (P)

My Question or Issue

Saved albums is no longer working for me on the Android app. I just get the constantly spinning green circle. Saved songs and artists still works. Also saved albums is still working through the Android Auto integration. I suspect it's since the update to version 8.4.91.861 I received yesterday. I've tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it makes no difference.

Is this a bug?

54 Replies

Same issue caused by non-alphabetical names.

Try what @BGBrereton has recommended above.

Awesome!!!

Thanks so much - this method had worked for me.

Great! You solved it!

Good job! Thanks for posting this!

In my case it also was "!!!" - had three albums saved.

Good job!

Had three albums of !!! in my list.

Now it works. Incredible!

Worked for me too.  Good to know there’s a bunch of !!! fans out there.  BEST LIVE BAND EVER!  Now Spotify just has to read this thread and figure out a proper fix for artists that use symbols or numbers as the first character in their name.

I tried that and it works! I removed ? by X and all the Ed Sheeran albums and now albums can fully load again. Thank you so much

Confirmed working my me too. I had Shake the Shudder by !!! in my albums

We seem road know what causes the problem and how to work around it. So how do we get the info to Spotify? They don't seem to be watching here.

I've been in a twitter DM conversation with @spotifycares for a few weeks over this. I have mentioned the workaround and what seems to be the cause.

Whether they take note is another matter....

Oosh! Another guilty artist if you have in your library:

A$AP Rocky

i thought mine was from panic! at the disco but still don't works, only if i select download filter (btw i'm iphone user)

The same thing is happening to me and I contacted Spotify several times and they're doing absolutely NOTHING. One associate asked me "Well, specifically, what albums aren't loading..." I said "ALL OF THEM" LOL And they asked me again, specifically.... I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, redownloaded the music I wanted downloaded (to SD card with plenty of room), cleared cache on app and in my phone, etc. NOTHING HAS HELPED. I'm about to cancel my premium 

Have you tried the solution of removing any albums saved with non standard characters in the artist name or album title? i.e. Panic!, !!!, A$AP, etc.

This seems to have fixed most people's issues. 

The difficult bit is finding them all if you have a large collection but it might be easier to use the desktop app or web player to find and unsave them before returning to the app to check.

I am still having this problem on iPhone X, Premium Spotify Account. This should be the core feature of the App, to be able to listen to music even when offline wth spotify?!

Hi there @felicianoflo,

Thanks for reaching out about this on the Community! No worries - we're here to help.

If you're having trouble listening to your downloaded albums, we'd first off suggest taking a look at the support page here and go through the troubleshooting steps.

Should the issue be limited to saved albums only, we'd also recommend adding the songs from the albums into a playlist and then download those as a workaround.

Let us know how you get on. Feel free to give us a shout if the issue persists and we'll look further into this 🔍

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts