Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Saved songs not staying downloaded

Solved!

Saved songs not staying downloaded

My 'your music' library has about 800 songs in and will not stay synced for offline use. I have premium but every time I close and re open the app, all of the songs have un synced and need downloading again. It's annoying because this is the only reason I have premium and I'm paying for something I cant use.

I've tried un and reinstalling along with deleted cache/data etc but no change.

Does anyone know a way I could solve this please? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Since you tried clicking the available offline button try going to the 3 dots in the top right of your playlist and press download it should download to your phone. Cheers!

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Marked as solution

Since you tried clicking the available offline button try going to the 3 dots in the top right of your playlist and press download it should download to your phone. Cheers!

I've done that, they all download and I can play them offline but then they all delete and need re downloading after a day or so

Hey there!

Can you try removing your offline device from your account page? This will help clear the air between your device and offline mode.

You'll need to resync all your offline music, though. But hopefully they'll stay put afterwards.

You can follow the steps here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_settings/how-do-i-remove-my-offline-devices...

Was my answer helpful? Don't forget to give it a Kudos or Accept it as Solution 😉
Just keep swimming!

© to the owner of the photo 🙂

Deleting/removing accounts did not work for me. It's also a huge waste of time once all devices are disconnected because then I had to resync over one thousand songs on each device.

Again, disconnecting devices did not work for me. The issue happened again in a matter of minutes of using my desktop app again once everything was resynced.

The missing downloads seems to only be affecting within the "my music" portion of the account. Oddly enough, songs saved within my playlist remain downloaded to my devices.

This is really frustrating.

I'm experiencing this as well. It's especially frustrating when you travel a lot and don't have easy access to the internet. I had to re-sync my entire library every single day for the past week.

Why is this marked as solved? As from the answers here, this is clearly not solved?

Ive had this issue since the functionality for saving artists etc (instead of "starring" stuff) was introduced, but not as frequent as the others here. It happens after an app upgrade usually it seems like, or something similar, but not all the time. Maybe 4-6 times a year or so but incredibly annoying! All the artists are still in the list under "Your Music" but the Available Offline toggle is set to off. This has happened on: iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and iPhone 7, so presumably not device related. 

I am having the same issues on a HTC10 device.  It just started about 3 days ago, but nothing I have done seems to fix it.  This is clearly not solved.

Same issue guys, but I've done everything that was recommended by the other guys nothing have worked, and it all happens when I turn down my device for a long time (4 hours or more) and my music got deleted but the space usage keeps the same I need a solution asap

Removing my phone from the Offline Devices worked for me. I had to re-download my music but it stayed in my phone.

Click REMOVE to disable offline playing on an individual device, or click REMOVE ALL DEVICES.

Well I figured out by my self, the only thing I did was deleting the cache
and then deleting the app, i did all the process again and all is working
as usual

I'm having this issue too. Definitely frustrating and definitely not solved!

Agree!

The playlist requires frequent downloading to stay put.

It makes me think that Spotify times out somehow...

It sure stinks!

I'm having this issue. All my downloaded songs won't stay downloaded and won't play offline. I tried the remove device trick, no luck. Any new solutions?

My iPhone and Samsung devices always dropped the downloaded albums. I assumed (and still do) that it's an issue on the Spotify side. Yet! I have had a Google Pixel (best phone I've ever had by the way) and the problem does not happen anymore. I think it may be a software difference, though I have no idea why!

I can only speak for myself here, but I feel like it being marked “solved” is correct.  I’ve had the same issue until I went to the 3 dots at the top and manually hit download.  I’ve not had a problem since doing that.  Maybe there’s a glitch with the switch button, so try manually hitting “download” in the top tab... not the download switch.

Ya same.....even chatted up Spotify....they just went quiet on me?

I learned IF you have more than 3 devices set for Spotify Offline, and you add a 4th, it will delete the oldest devices playlists. (max 3 offline devices).

Also, as this hasn't solved the problem I predict long term as many of us are still bitching about this and it isn't gettin fixed......so ......If I really want that playlist, then I add each individual song to my library.  (3 small dots next to song, in list, click add to library).

Then you have the song forever......guaranteed!

All the best.....

And my honest opinion for the price to 'rent' the songs....Spotify should fix this ASAP as it makes me wanna walk away.

Chow!

Suggested posts