Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Google Pixel 2 XL

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

When I saved albums in the past, all the songs in that album would also be saved to my library. That hasn't been the case since the latest update, and I wanted to know why not?

14 Replies

Hey @ACTEDRED.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this in the Community.

We recently rolled out a new, more streamlined Your Library experience. This means that whenever you save an entire album, the individual songs won't be added to your Liked Songs playlist - you'll have to add them individually for them to appear there.

To find out more about the changes, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions about this 😉

Hi! I'm from Argentina and have the same problem. Also premium and I use to navigate in the "Album" menu selecting wich album I want to hear, even if they hace 1, 2 or 3 songs, and now I only can select a few albums and even that ones the I have save completely, the songs are not saved. How can I fix this and see all the songs that I have saved organized in albums? 

Thanks!

Why are you acting like that's a good thing? If I save an album, it's
because I like that album.

Having to go through and "like" each song individually isn't streamlined at
all; it's slow, clunky, and frustrating.

Did anyone complain about the old system? Probably not eh? That's because
the old system made sense, and was intuitive. If I save an album to my
library, those songs should ALSO BE IN THE LIBRARY.

Also, you shouldn't be so patronizing to the people you reply to; we pay
your bills, Peter.

Well, there's no reply but I hope that our complain wont be in vain. From where I see it, save albums and the songs manually and separatelly it's double work, the old system was just fine.

This is one of several issues I'm having with the recent update. Over the past 3 years, I've been curating playlists, artists, and albums that I love on spotify. However, these changes have radically changed processes for managing music, essentially whipping out my accumulated work and ability to find my music. 

I would love to speak further with a representative on my processes and use of spotify to hopefully shed some light on the new update's effect on my music. Would this be possible? As a process consultant as my full time job, I may be able to document and visualize these problems.

This change is terrible.  You guys should roll it back

What a load of patronising corporate **bleep** - "streamlined your experience". No-one in their right mind would think that people want to save (like) every individual track of an album.

Which moron signed off on this update?  Do they actually ever listen to albums? Or even to music?  Whoever it was should never be let anywhere near the Spotify app ever again.

@Peter wrote:

We recently rolled out a new, more streamlined Your Library experience.

you'll have to add them individually for them to appear there.

So each time I intend to save a new album, I now need to click 15-30 times, instead of once.

If I want to use album view to play music, I now also have all the songs I didn't save still jumbled in with the saved songs.

**bleep** lol

Incredible

I don't think they know what streamlined means.

I also find this change to be undesireable. Please consider bringing back this functionality or introducing an alternative method to add an album to your saved songs

Calling ths streamlined is riduculous. All you did was remove a vital piece of functionality that apparently a lot of people including myself cared about. This is pretty much ruining the way I currently use spotify. Please un**bleep** this, thank you.

Is there anyway to undo this behaviour in Spotify and bring back the old 'functionality'? The new, lets call it 'logic' to the spotify app is confusing at best and anything but streamlined at worst. If I understand correctly, the new 'streamlined' UI requires me to 'like' every single song in album to download it, and then to also 'follow' every single artist to which I download any music, in order to even find them in my library? This is anything but streamlined and logical, and frankly its ridiculous that many months later nothing has been done to rectify the usability issues brought about by this update.

I love the service Spotify provides, and found it extremely convenient, but this last UI change has made Spotify so confusing and annoying to use, that I find myself using the service less and less any may even cancel my subscription. Please please hire some proper UX designers and fix this confusing clunky logic. The apps look as great and amazing as they always have, but the functionality has become massively worse.

Hey folks,

Thanks for providing your feedback on this feature.

There's an idea which suggests bringing back this functionality here - feel free to show your support for it by adding your vote to it!

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

hi Peter,

thanks for your message. Unfortunately the link you provided doesn't work.

I also don't really like this change. If there is really a lot of people (there is??) that like to add only the album but not the songs I understand the update, but you shouldn't ruin the party to all the others.

So I'd say add another function like "add songs to library" in the contest menu of the album, so that we can click only 2 times to get the songs in the library. One to add the album and one to add the songs.
Or just rollback the update 🙂

Suggested posts