Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Previously, I would save albums that I liked, then I would go into my songs and shuffle play all of them. The most recent update changed this to 'Liked Songs,' which is fine aside from the issue that I have, which is saved albums not adding to the 'Liked Songs' playlist. I am VERY close to the cap of 10,000 songs, so going through my saved albums and individually liking each song is not an option.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @xMeow,

Thanks for getting back to us. We appreciate your feedback on this.

We suggest that you add your vote to this idea, which suggests enabling saving all the songs of an album to your Liked Songs playlist when liking an album.

Although it's not a solution to your problem, it's the best way to get your ideas and feedback heard. 

Hope that helps! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @xMeow,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this 🙂

It's possible to add all songs from a saved album to the Liked Songs playlist by going to an album, clicking on the three-dot menu and selecting Like all songs.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions 🙂

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for your response, although it is not entirely helpful.
Your solution is for me to manually go through all of my saved albums, find which albums need to be "liked" and "like all songs" for them. At a 10,000 song cap, this could be approximately 1,000 albums to manually parse.

Alternatively, Spotify could amend their error and my saved albums will no longer be separate from my liked albums. (ie. saved albums = all songs liked)

Let me know if you have any other solutions to offer that don't involve me spending the best part of a day to fix your error, especially as I am a paying subscriber to your service, which, as of the update in question, is not working as previously expected.

Thanks.

Marked as solution

Hey @xMeow,

Thanks for getting back to us. We appreciate your feedback on this.

We suggest that you add your vote to this idea, which suggests enabling saving all the songs of an album to your Liked Songs playlist when liking an album.

Although it's not a solution to your problem, it's the best way to get your ideas and feedback heard. 

Hope that helps! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

There is no option to like all songs. This is what the elipses menu provides as options. I am a premium subscriber on Windows 10 1903 using the Spotify desktop app version 1.1.18.611.g9cc9bdc9

Saving albums used to save the songs in the album to your liked songs. So what's the answer in light of this?
Capture.JPG

Looks like this was an issue that temporarily affected Spotify. Maybe some bug that was introduced and fixed later without fanfare leaving albums added during that time affected.

The simplest approach for me was to sort my albums by recently added and work backwards until I came up on the albums that did not have their tracks auto added to Liked Songs.

Hey folks,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Note that currently saving an album to Your Library doesn't automatically add all songs to your Liked Songs playlist. The option to do so is available via the three-dot menu like @Peter mentioned on all mobile devices.

We're also happy to say that we've removed the limit of 10.000 songs you could add your music collection. It's now possible  to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

You can visit this Spotify Answer for more tips and tricks on how to navigate and best make use of Your Library. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So this doesn't work on desktop?

Hi there @ViralRiver,

The option to add all songs from an album to your liked songs is currently unavailable on Desktop.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I noticed too that on Windows Spotify it doesn't exist, but I dual my Spotify on my (Android) phone and there the option was available. Just search for the album and click the dots > Add all songs. Even if you don't care for Spotify on your phone, maybe try it only for that simple method and never use it otherwise if you don't feel like it. It still saves quite some time instead of doing it manually.

Hi, I've created a small app that will help you like all songs from the albums you have liked. You can find it here: https://github.com/dwdking/spotify-song-liker

You will likely need some IT skills in order to run the application and create an account on developer.spotify.com. I've tried to leave some steps in the code repo in order to run it but if you have issues feel free to get in touch.

Thanks for all of your work putting this together, I don't really need it anymore but I'm honestly keen to have a look at how you did it. Also we share our name 🙂

Suggested posts