Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Saving music to SD as internal storage on Moto G (3rd Gen) Marshmallow

Solved!

Saving music to SD as internal storage on Moto G (3rd Gen) Marshmallow

Hello,

I updated my Moto G (3rd Gen) to Marshmallow and I can't save my offline music to the SD card. The SD card is formated and encrypted with the Marshmallow option for using it as an extended internal memory.

I tried every google solution such as wiping Spotify, turning off the cellphone, reinstalling, enabling storage permissions and changing to extreme quality download. Nothing has worked yet.

Has anybody got to a solution for this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just found the solution!

First wipe all the spotify cache and content, then uninstall the app. Restart the phone and migrate the data to the formated sd the card by going to the top right menu on Settings->Storage & USB->SD. Then, reinstall Spotify and grant storage permissions to Spotify on the android's Apps menu. Open Spotify settings and set the download quality to extreme.

It should download to the sd card 😉

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Just found the solution!

First wipe all the spotify cache and content, then uninstall the app. Restart the phone and migrate the data to the formated sd the card by going to the top right menu on Settings->Storage & USB->SD. Then, reinstall Spotify and grant storage permissions to Spotify on the android's Apps menu. Open Spotify settings and set the download quality to extreme.

It should download to the sd card 😉

Hi There,

I have tried your steps described with the latest version of Spotify and my Moto G3 and it is still downloading and filling up my internal space. 

Have you come across anymore problems with offline Spotify data on your Moto? 

Regards

I too am having this issue. I have followed the steps and it is not working. Did you ever solve the problem?

Sometimes I ask myself what da **bleep** spotify developers are doing in their HQ. Just put a darn option to save out **bleep** songs into Memory card and that's it. But removing spotify, then reinstall it? Well done Spotify!

Suggested posts