Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 10e

Operating System

Android 10

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

Spotify screen will get stuck on album of song not currently playing will also randomly pause. Tapping the backward button starts it from the stuck album on screen rather than song being heard.

8 Replies

First, I have the same device. What I did was force stopped it in applications section of the settings. This corrected the issue. 

Hey there @synth13,

Welcome to the Community!

If the steps that @kimmurillo843 recommended don't help with this we'd recommend you try doing a clean reinstall, following the steps in this support article.

You can also disable any battery optimization apps if that does not help. Go to:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.

2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

3. Last step - restart the phone.

Note: Menu order may differ on different devices.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again, if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is not the phones fault. I have a Galaxy 20 Ultra with the same issue. I have reinstalled the app and have even factory reset the phone and the problem still persists! I found the same issue when using Spotify on my Windows 10 PC, Therefore I believe this is a problem at Spotify's end.

Galaxy S20 plus here.

I've recently bought the galaxy watch 3 and started experiencing the same problem. It's driving me nuts.The app still works (pausing, skipping, reversing, scrubbing) but the cover, album and song name are stuck.
I get the feeling it's a caching issue because going back 3 songs displays the 3 previous (wrong) song info's. Maybe it's worth noting that I downloaded many of my songs.

Elena's answer didn't help. Even after deleting cache and data, uninstalling, rebooting, and installing (on watch as well) didn't help.

Interesting you mentioned you have a galaxy watch, I have a galaxy watch active 2, maybe its something to do with that?

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out with this one and for all the troubleshooting you've done so far.

@benjames554 and @DerpyNerd, to test if the root cause of the problem indeed lies with the connection to your smartwatches, could you unlink your Spotify account from the Samsung Wearable/ Gear app? You can learn how to do this here. Afterwards perform a clean reinstall and restart your device without connecting to to watch. 

@synth13 did you manage to resolve the issue? It would help us out a lot if you shared the steps you took.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail, sorry for the late response.
Honestly, I don't know if the watch was the problem in the first place.

I removed the spotify app from my watch and phone (clearing cache and all that too). But after installing the app again and downloading my playlists again I started to experience the same problems without the watch connected.

I bought a new phone (galaxy s20+) with 128GB of internal storage so I tried moving the download location to internal storage. Now all problems have disappeared.

Strange thing is, the SD card I'm using is one of samsungs' top tier models. Read/write speeds shouldn't be a problem. Plus it's not set up to be plug-and-play.

Hi @DerpyNerd

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We're glad to hear that it's working fine now.

Could you try using a different SD card to check if that makes the difference?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts