Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search function no longer works offline.

Search function no longer works offline.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG G6

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

My issue is concerning the search function when using the device offline.  The issue started at the same update that eliminated the browse button at the bottom of the screen. 

Currently, when I go to do a search for a song, a loading icon shows up and never seems to load anything, which prevents the text prompt from coming up.  While waiting a small warning does show up saying that there is no internet connection.  If I go into settings and put the app into offline mode, then the search works.  I have no desire to constantly be changing the app from online to offline mode depending on whether or not I actually have internet at the time or not.  It should be able to search my offline library without having to be in offline mode.

Before the update I was able to do just that.  I never had to but the app into offline mode, and yet it seemed to understand that if I had no Wifi, that it could still search my offline library.

So thats the issue.  Anyone have similar or is it just me?  Could be a simple uninstall- reinstall fix, but I will hold off on that for now due to the length of time it takes to redownload all the songs I have.  Thanks in advance.

8 Replies

Still looking for a reply to this Spotify.

I continue to wait for a response to this Spotify.  I would love to email you guys the issue, but you guys do not have that option anymore.  Your site just keeps directing me here.

And I continue to wait...

Waiting.

Waiting longer.

Almost forgot to keep this post going.  Still waiting Spotifiy.

Suggested posts