Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search history on Andriod

Search history on Andriod

After the last update on the android app, the history disappeared and what I have searched on after the update is not being saved in the history. So no history at all, is this a bug or is the new version like this? Really want my search history

165 Replies

I got it! I didn't have it before posting on these forms so who ever helped me out from Spotify thanks!

Works like a charm, thanks.

Strange to see that there was so much trouble over getting search history into the app.

Now you can't get search history out of the app. Private mode doesn't do it. Deleting the entire cache doesn't do it. It's just there, forever. I don't want friends seeing some of the dumb crap I search for.

Anyway, I think this should be classified as a bug. If it's not classified as a bug, it should be classified as an inaccuracy in the UI, as the label for the clear data button clearly builds the expectation that this will remove "all data except for the app itself" (paraphrasing here, but it's definitely along those lines). 

Ideally, it shouldn't take a full cache wipe & logout to do this, though. Not enough companies understand how uncomfortable it can be for the user to have their every move stored. It's actually part of why I unsubscribed from Google Play Music and came back here.

Hi nckpz,

Don't you have "clear the search history" when you are in the research menu ? Below all your searches, there is a button for clear history.

Screenshot_2014-04-24-12-01-11.png

@nckpz wrote:

Strange to see that there was so much trouble over getting search history into the app.

Now you can't get search history out of the app. Private mode doesn't do it. Deleting the entire cache doesn't do it. It's just there, forever. I don't want friends seeing some of the dumb crap I search for.

Anyway, I think this should be classified as a bug. If it's not classified as a bug, it should be classified as an inaccuracy in the UI, as the label for the clear data button clearly builds the expectation that this will remove "all data except for the app itself" (paraphrasing here, but it's definitely along those lines). 

Ideally, it shouldn't take a full cache wipe & logout to do this, though. Not enough companies understand how uncomfortable it can be for the user to have their every move stored. It's actually part of why I unsubscribed from Google Play Music and came back here.

You can lock your phone with password.

Hey guys! As the majority of you have noted we have an updated search in the latest Android release.

If you've got any questions please let us know here. 

Thanks for your feedback and patience while we worked on this for all of you! 

Suggested posts