Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song search inside a playlist

Song search inside a playlist

It would be super helpful to be able to search for a song from the playlist that you want to play. Sometimes there's just a song you want to listen to first from your playlist. Since my playlist has a lot of songs, it can be a pain to manually look for a song that I want to play first. Thanks! 

11 Replies

Hey @sarkrastic,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we'd like you to know that what you kindly suggested is already possible within the app. You can search for a specific song within a playlist, and this might vary across devices. From the desktop app, at the top of a selected playlist, you can find this:

AlejaR_0-1683992099033.png

AlejaR_1-1683992138430.png

When selecting the search icon, you can type the name of an artist, song, or album to find related content on said playlist.

To search for songs in the mobile app version, you have to select the playlist, and once there, you'll need to scroll down so you can find the search bar. It looks like this:

AlejaR_2-1683993138211.png

If the above doesn't quite fit the idea you had, feel free to post it again, but remember to follow our Idea Exchange Guidelines so your idea can be approved quickly and smoothly. Don't forget to include as many details as possible to describe your idea, so other users to know what you’re suggesting so they can add their support and feedback.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

There should 100% be a search bar inside of Playlists. Nobody wants to scroll and scroll and scroll to find a certain song they know is in the Playlist

Hm...perhaps you have a strange new update. There is one for desktop: 

bananaseaitchins_0-1684541035014.png

And if you scroll up a wee bit on the phone (android) it should be there: 

bananaseaitchins_1-1684541211374.png

There is, just make sure smart shuffle is not on and it's at the top when you pull the page down (Mobile App)

Put your favorite songs in a playlist you've created, and when you want to hear it first, it would be nice to be able to search within the playlist.

Hello,

The search function in playlists that is included in desktop versions on Spotify is so helpful for finding particular songs, especially when you have long playlists.

I’d love to see this same feature added to the mobile version as it would really help me with making playlists.

Thanks!

There seems to be a song limit for the search option to work. I’ve always used this functionality and it works for all my playlists except for the one that has many songs (over 50 hours)

Did you remove the feature to search for a song in a playlist? 

He's talking about web app where its not possible to search inside long playlist using ctrl+f

was this removed on the browser and app version on chrome? literally cannot find it anywhere as opposed to having it on my phone and windows. why is this an issue?

I don't have any search bar at the top of playlists.

Suggested posts