Search inside the playlist is gone

13 people liked this

Search inside the playlist is gone

berkaykaan1
Casual Listener

Hey I'm a premium user, I use Pixel 2 XL and right now the Search Bar when you swipe down on the top of the playlist is gone. I can't search for my songs inside the playlist now. That is on android. However I can search it from clicking the 3 dots on right top and click on ''find in playlist'' but I don't care about that. That is not convenient at all! Is this one of the Apple feature things? Like how am I unable to use such basic feature now? What is going on?

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Pixel 2 XL

Operating System

Android 

9 Replies

Re: Search inside the playlist is gone

berkaykaan1
Casual Listener

up

1 person liked this

Zarrex
Casual Listener

Gone for me on Pixel XL OG as well

2 people liked this

m4tz394

Same here. Galaxy s9 Plus - Super annoying ... 

6 people liked this

ryan1010

Yeah, apparently they removed it across all platforms (Though my friends with Iphones still have it so maybe the person who told me that was mistaken). It is probably the worst design choice they have made yet. I am hoping they realize what a bad idea it was and bring it back. I'm also a premium user, have been for I think a couple years now, and it annoys me enough to where I will probably switch to another streaming service if it isn't brought back in a couple weeks. 

1 person liked this

iamthedans
Casual Listener

It actually is still there, but buried in the overflow menu as 'find in playlist'. It's annoying, but at least they didn't delete it totally.

2 people liked this

berkaykaan1
Casual Listener

Yeah, I know but because of Spotify's animation it takes too long to open the settings scroll down and click to that. While it was just swipe down in the playlist, like why would you take something so convenient away?

1 person liked this

iamthedans
Casual Listener

Sorry, didn't read the post properly! In the past, they've taken the feature away totally a couple of times, so I was just relieved to find it still existed (they seem to have an irrational hatred of it). It definitely is annoying though.

3 people liked this

Chenasty

In all my years of having Spotify and searching these board and adapting to updates this is the only thing to make me upset enough to post. This feature change is absolutely ridiculous and I can't see how they though this would be an improvement in any way. 

4 people liked this

DannyReyna
Casual Listener

It's one of my biggest complaints. It might make the layout look cleaner, but it's decreases the ease of usability so much. No other website makes you click 2-3 extra links just to search something, it's ridiculous. 

SUGGESTED POSTS