Announcements

Search inside the playlist is gone

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Bring back search within playlists

Casual Listener

Realistically I dont think its coming back. They would rather you use their 'main' search function. But on the off chance spotify feels like adding back it's old functionality heres a bump.

Highlighted

Just upgraded from my 5 year old iPhone 6 to the Galaxy S10 and have now found myself here because of the same issue as everyone else. Swipe down to search within Liked Songs and Playlists was perfectly present and functioning on my iPhone and I used it a lot, it's absurd to see it's not there on a brand new flagship device and sad to see that this issue has been going on for a while with no action taken.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Spotify have turned into Facebook, they don't give a **bleep** about their users because they know better. Time to switch to a better music streaming service.

Highlighted

Re: Searching through a playlist

Visitor

Please bring this feature back! It just...makes sense. 

Highlighted

Re: Searching through a playlist

Casual Listener

Still unable to search via the playlist after a full year of complaints. 

I was sad to see this forum confirm all of what I already knew, seeing as how my partner has an iPhone as has been able to search without issue.  I don't understand why it was removed, and no one in the Android community knows either.  I have been using Spotify since before my partner (the iPhone user) and even introduced him to it.  I've been a premium user, on and off for the betterment of 7 years and definitely have a loyalty to Spotify.  This, however, is egregious, and will eventually lead me to want to search for other options for a service.  Playlists be d*mned, I will rebuild elsewhere.

Highlighted

Please put the search bar back on the playlists page. I dont want to go to the top right three dots and then click filter songs. This was a terrible design change. Do the people that work for spotify actually use the al? It sure doesn't look like it. Also I have a note 9.
Highlighted

Re: Search inside the playlist is gone

Music Fan

literally the worst ever Spotify tweak I've ever experienced in over half a decade

Highlighted

Agreed, this is such a frequently used feature that it feels really frustrating to dig into the menu each time,when it used to be so easily accessible. I really hope they revert the change and make the search bar easily accessible from the song list again. 

It would be really helpful if a community manager could comment on this, the dates in this thread demonstrates its something many peoplue have been wanting for a long time.

Highlighted

Roadie
It seems like a ploy to get us all to switch to iphones. It is working.. Spotify works like a dream on my iPad without any loading and easy filtering. It's getting tempting to change to the dark side on my phone as well..
Highlighted

Casual Listener

How come Apple has the find in playlist and sort playlist out on the front of the playlist page but Android has to have it crammed in that stupid fck 3 dot area??! It's the most stupid, incovinient **bleep** I've ever seen.

If most ppl are like me they LIVE on search and sort to find songs in huge playlists... I can't wait until they put it back out in the main page on the top of the page like the old Spotify had.

At least the idiots who design the interface at Spotify had enough sense to put the "search playlists" on the top and front of the playlists page. It's ridiculous...

SUGGESTED POSTS