Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Search this playlist' function working incorrectly

'Search this playlist' function working incorrectly

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland 

Device

Sony Xperia Z5 Android 7.1.1

Operating System

Android 7.1.1

My Question or Issue

Whenever I use the 'Search this playlist' function, eg. type "Mustasch" in the textfield, I see only songs by Mustasch and/or songs that contain the word "Mustasch" in the title. I suppose that's the way it's supposed to work. But, If I then press 'Shuffle play', Spotify starts to shuffle ALL songs from that playlist, NOT the filtered results, like it used (should?) to do.

And moreover, if I select a random song from the filtered results, Spotify plays the correct song, but the next title is again shuffled from all songs in that playlist.

I reverted to a previous version and it fixed the problem, but the latest version brings this problem back. If it's a bug, please fix it. If it's a feature change, please make it back like it used to be.

3 Replies

Hey @JouHou, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll definitely be able to help.

This should still work the way you mentioned. If it stops working again, try logging out and back in a few times. You can also try a clean reinstall to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you for your answer @SergioDavid. I did as you suggested, with zero results. It seems, though, that I can't exactly do a clean reinstall, because Sony has decided to bundle Spotify with Android and uninstalling Spotify only reverts it to the base version (which actually gets me rid of this bug).

Plan

Premium

Country

Usa

Device

LG V10

Operating System

Android 7.0

I've had this issue for months now. I cleaned installed it to no avail.

I have an issue similar to this as well. If I search a playlist for an artist, like Frank Ocean, you would expect it to play Frank Ocean songs only. But the app doesn't. If there any non Frank Ocean songs between the Frank Ocean songs, it'll play those tracks as well. 

So not only will the app not play shuffled songs, it can't play them non shuffled either. Support made me create an entire new account to try and fix this and prior issues, but that didn't work either.

Suggested posts