Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Searching for an artist in liked songs and shuffling shuffles all music and not just the artist

Searching for an artist in liked songs and shuffling shuffles all music and not just the artist

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

HTU U12+

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Searching for an artist in liked songs and shuffling shuffles all music and not just the artist.  For example, in my liked music, I search for the artist "Tiny Moving Parts."  All of their songs that I have saved show up, nothing else.  Previously, pressing shuffle or skipping to the next song would only play from the list of songs that match your search results. Now if I shuffle, it will play as if I did not search for this artist and play a random track from all of my liked music rather than just the music that was searched for.  This did not happen until the latest update.

2 Replies

Unfortunately, shuffle does not work like that, when you press shuffle it shuffles the whole playlist so you would have to make another playlist with only that artist for the shuffle to work

Incorrect. This is the way it previously worked until the latest update.

Edit: As a matter of fact, I went and downloaded an older APK from online and the functionality works as I described. So yes, this is how it previously worked.

Suggested posts