Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Searching in "Liked" now much harder

Searching in "Liked" now much harder

Premium

USA

LG G7

Android... 7.0 I think?

Previous to the last update there was a search bar right at the top of the "Songs" screen (which has now been replaced by "Liked").

On the new version you must hit the small icon in the top corner, and then select "Search in Liked" instead.  This is a ridiculous negative change to usability with no advantage and makes me think Spotify must not be doing any real thinking about their UI flow, just changing it for the sake of changing it.

Two steps just to get to the search bar that used to be right there at any time.  Just, why?

5 Replies

Hi,

I am actually on an iPhone, so I don't know that this is the same on Android, but on iOS you can pull down on the screen and the search bar will show. Is it the same on Android as well? 

That used to be how it worked on Android but the search has been moved to where I described it.  I really miss how easy it was to search, and it is even more confusing that they've kept the search bar there on both Windows and Iphone versions.

Actually, just in case you might not have updated to the newest version yet... my advice is to not do so.

Hi Playdoh,

Spotify just updated for me, so pull-down-to-search is still a feature in the iOS version. That's really weird that it wouldn't be the same for Android... Some very questionable changes in the UI with the update. Sorry I couldn't be more help here. 

I'm just glad that big part of the community doesn't have to deal with this!  This isn't even the worst update though, I running on 3 or 4 times I've had to do a complete fresh install over the last couple years when updates totally broke the app.

Hopefully the concerns over this update will be what Spotify needs to realize the disadvantages of some of the changes they've made, and they will hopefully revert them or find something that works for more people. 

Suggested posts