Selecting songs from queue does not work

Solved, thanks.

2 Replies

Hi Danny!

Just to make sure we're on the same page, is what's happening the following:

- You Shuffle a playlist by selecting 'Shuffle Play'

- Go to the play Queue

- Select a song from the Queue to play

- Instead of continuing the Shuffle, the playlist resumes track order from the selected song

If this is what's happening, I believe the behaviour is intended on Shuffle Play.

To get around this, instead of activating Shuffle Play just start a playlist as normal then activate Shuffle from the playing screen. Shuffling this way does not give the same behaviour as above, and will continue the Shuffle after a Queued track is selected. 

Hope this helps, and if I've missed your point completely then please let me know.

[EDIT- I'll also check with the right people to make sure the behaviour is intended on Shuffle Play] 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Hi Greg, thanks for the response.

I believe you understand the issue correctly.

It's strange that that would be the intended behavior of the app, because when you select a song from the queue, a different one plays. Literally, an entirely different song from the one I just tapped begins playing.

I'll try and record this later today and put it on YouTube, just so we're all on the same page.

Thanks,

Danny

Suggested posts