Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

My Question or Issue

I just updated my spotify app and got the 'share to instagram story' option. I tried and it works. But when I tried for the second time (the next day) that option was gone. I can't find that option again.

Anyone could advice me how to fix this? Thank you.

Screenshot_2018-11-09-20-30-51-629_com.spotify.music.png
Screenshot_2018-11-10-09-41-20-155_com.spotify.music.png
Top Answer
Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey @glngadhi,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

We are currently working with Instagram to make this option available for everyone soon!

Right now we cannot provide an exact timeframe on when it's going to be out to everybody.

In the meantime, we recommend you keep both your apps updated.

Thanks!

23 Replies

Hey there @glngadhi,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps here

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest making sure your Instagram application is also on the latest version available.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi @Katerina,

I'm having the same issue. I reinstalled both apps (following the steps you linked to for Spotify) and ensured that they were the latest versions, but I still don't see the option to share to my Instagram story (see attached). 

Screenshot_20181117-224132.png
Screenshot_20181117-223957.png

Hey @PrussianBlue.

Thanks for getting back to us with that screenshot 🙂

We've checked it out, and the reason why you're currently missing some features is explained here. We're always testing things in order to improve the overall experience on Spotify. 

Apologies for the inconvenience! Let us know if you need anything else from us 🙂

2 days ago I had the button to share songs as instagram stories and I did share one song and today that button has disappeared . Iv tried clean uninstall of both the apps and have also updated them to latest verison but still the problem persists please help 

Hey @Chiefplague,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Could you confirm the exact versions of Spotify and Instagram that you are rocking?

We'll be looking out for your reply so we can help you out further with this 🙂

Spotify : 8.4.84.874

Instagram : 75.0.0.23.99 

Also I tried an earlier version of Spotify and it also had set as instagram story option for like an hour its version was : 8.4.75.670 after one hour the button dissappeared 

Hey @Chiefplague.

Thanks for getting back to us with that info.

Could you try the following for us and see if it fixes the issue:

• Perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app
  • Try using the Share to IG Stories option from another Spotify account
  • Try using the same account on a different device and see if it persists
  • Try a different connection
  • Clear cache

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you still need help.

Plan

Premium

Country

England

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S8)

For a long time I have not been able to share a song from spotify onto my instagram story. When I click share I get options for whatsapp, facebook, messenger and SMS. If I click more I have the option to share to instagram as a direct message to another user, but not to my story... Both apps are completely up to date and I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled both spotify and instagram many times. I dont know what the problem is or what to do but its starting to bug me:(

Tried all that but it still didn't help 

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite 

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I'm using both Apps of The Latest Version on Android as follows:

Spotify: 8.4.84.874

Instagram: 75.0.0.23.99

I've already followed the instruction to clear data and reinstall, there are some sharing Options and there is MORE option but when I click it , only appear sharing to Direct Message Instagram. Please fix asap . thanks .

Screenshot_2019-01-06-22-40-41.jpg
Screenshot_2019-01-06-22-40-32.jpg

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Honor 9

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Do you have a solution to this problem?I would like to know if anyone knows if there are any solutions to be able to share the Spotify songs on Instagram. Because in mine I do not have this option to shared.  I've already joined the beta team, I'm a Premium subscriber, but I still do not have this function on my device. I've sent some more feedback so far I have not had any answers

Do you have a solution to this problem?

Screenshot_20190114-221431.jpg
Screenshot_20190114-221341.jpg
Screenshot_20190114-221404.jpg

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Motorola Moto G5s Plus

Operating System

Android 7.1.1

My Question or Issue

I have never been able to share what I'm listening with instagram stories, I can share them trough instagrams direct-messages but instagram story option simply does not appear when I press "Share". 

both of my apps are up to date, I have factory resetted my phone but the problem still occurs. 

Same here! Unbelievable. Nobody give us a solution. The only answer I see about this was that Spotify has made some A/B test but I read this on a thread from a couple months ago.

Look, we are not asking for a favor. We are paying for the service and the minimum its that we all have the same features.

Plan

Premium

Country

Brasil

Device

Motorola Moto G5s

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

Spotify

Instagram

Hey folks,

Thanks for letting us know about this, and apologies for the slow reply!

There's a new version of the Spotify app available to download. Would you mind updating your app and seeing if the issue is still present?

For those of you using Instagram with the missing "Play on Spotify" button when trying to share to Instagram Story, please head over to this thread - we'll keep you posted there.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Hi bro, already updated to 8.4.91.861 and still miss this option. I know you've tried your best, but please fix this issue ASAP.

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5

Operating System

Android 8.1.0 (MIUI 10.2.1.0 Global Stable)

Spotify Version

Instagtam Version

Hey @glngadhi,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

We are currently working with Instagram to make this option available for everyone soon!

Right now we cannot provide an exact timeframe on when it's going to be out to everybody.

In the meantime, we recommend you keep both your apps updated.

Thanks!

I have the exact same problem. The only available option is direct message share and no way to post to stories. Reinstalled both apps a dozen times and still no change. My friend has the exact same phone with the exact same Android and app versions and he has ”share to story”... What's the deal?

Plan

Premium

Country

Bulgaria

Device

OnePlus 5T

Operating System

Android 9 (OxygenOS version 9.0.3)

Spotify Version

Instagtam Version

After update my Instagram and Spotify the option has appeared. (I had already updated previously but it had not worked.)

Working settings:

Operating System

Android 8.1.0 (OPP28.65-37-7)

Spotify

Instagram

I have the same issue, also both apps updated and it's not working at all. Please fix it! 

Suggested posts