Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Share to Instagram starts camera

Solved!

Share to Instagram starts camera

Plan

Premium (until 2020/03/31) / Free

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I am really frustrated with the "Share" option in the App. Eevrytme I want to share music via Instagram Story, Instagram Camera opens with default "Story" - instead of opening the story editor after clicking "Instagram" in the share options.
I have cleaned up all caches, re-installed both apps and given all rights I was able to.  But to no avail.
Does not seem like Spotify is interested in solving these issues for for good ...

Anybody with any additional idea??? Thanks in advance!

In the meantime I have cancelled my Premium subscription by end of March. Too much money for so many re-occuring issues.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

hi, 

This issue has been discussed in multiple threads now. Temp workaround is when you end up in default creating story mode in Instagram, switch back to Spotify (by using app switching function in Android) and share again. This time it takes you to Spotify song share as it should. 

Try that and let know if it worked.

cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

hi, 

This issue has been discussed in multiple threads now. Temp workaround is when you end up in default creating story mode in Instagram, switch back to Spotify (by using app switching function in Android) and share again. This time it takes you to Spotify song share as it should. 

Try that and let know if it worked.

cheers!

Hi zefu,

thanks very much for your fast reply and the workaround option!

First of all sorry for not finding this solution here before - I have searched the forum for half an hour before placing my post 😉

It seems the workaround works , and I hope this one will survive the next update of either app (unlike others before). We will see 😉

Thanks again and cheers!

It did work. But will this issue be fixed, please? Not only iPhone users, but even Android users also face the same.

Hi,I have the same problem.How do I use app switching function in Android?

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We're aware of this and we're currently investigating it. We recommend taking a look at this Ongoing Issue thread about it and adding your +Vote. You can also Subscribe to it to be on top of any updates about it, as they will be shared there.

We hope this helps. If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts