Premium Family

Country

US

Device

G-mee

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

My Question or Issue

I've share play lists with my children in Spotify Kids but these are not visible to my children.  At first these were shared playlists so my partner could up date them to.

I've made the play lists private, I've test new private play list, cleared the cache, reinstalled the app, and all the suggestions I could find on the forum, but I still can not find the "shared with me" section nor any of the shared song, such as Thriller by Michael Jackson.

How do I get this to work?

5 Replies

Eni

Hey there @Methisguy,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

We can confirm that it's not possible to share collaborative playlists to Kids profiles via the app. You can only share your personal playlists with them.

On another note, it seems that other users feel the way you do and posted this idea. Despite its current status, you can still add your vote to it and if anything changes in the future, we'll make sure to keep everyone updated over there.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Methisguy

Eni,

Thank you for your response. 

Unfortunately I also can not share a private play list.  Please review my OP and reply regarding the actual problem.  There is promised functionality that is not working.

As a reminder, I'm looking how to share a playlist with specific approve songs for my child.  I have tested a private play list and "shared" by selecting it in Spotify Kids.

The "shared with me" list is not available which is the problem.

This is a bug, not a feature request.

Eni

Hi @Methisguy

Thanks for the clarification!

Just to confirm, have you tried following these specific steps to share your playlist?

If so and you're still experiencing this issue, would you mind trying from a different device to see if that makes the difference?

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Methisguy

I have.  I'll test and alternate device.

Eni

Hi there @Methisguy

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Take your time to test this out and keep us posted on the result.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator

Suggested posts

Env: prod