Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing playlists or Songs doesn't work anymore!

Sharing playlists or Songs doesn't work anymore!

Hello,

I cant share any playlist or Song anymore  I can share nothing. Everytime I tap the three dots and then "share", spotify just closes. Every **bleep** time. 

The only thing I "changed" is that I used a Service from soundiiz.com to transfer a playlist from spotify to tidal. After that sharing wont work anymore. I tried everything. I deleted the connection between soundiiz and spotify. I cleard the Cache. Deleted spotify. Reinstalled it. But nothing helps.

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany 

Device

Oneplus 5T

Operating System

Android 8.1

7 Replies

I'm also having an issue sharing my playlists. The screen just looks like this and will not load. I've tried updating the app and uninstalling the app. Very frustrating!

Screenshot_20220810_093544_com.spotify.music.jpg

Hey @Taytay55,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and welcome.

In this case, first off, we suggest you log out and log in twice in a row onto your Spotify account; this way the system will force a resync of your account on your mobile device.

If this doesn't do the trick, you can try a clean reinstall of the app. By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can find out the steps to do it here. Keep in mind, once you've done that, you'll have to download again the content you had to listen to in offline mode or without Internet.

Lastly, can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you have installed?

We'll keep an eye on your response! 

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello,

I´ve done all the things you mentioned, but i have still the same problem like Taytay55 shown on his Screenshot. Sharing my own public playlists doesn´t work. But I can share Spotify Playlist like "Mein Mix der Woche". Sorry for German...

Samsung S20 Android 13

Greetings

mrhorsepower

Hey @mrhorsepower,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

We appreciate all the info you've included in your post. In order to continue investigating this case, would you mind checking with a different Wi-Fi network to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can try it with your mobile data or using a mobile data hotspot.

Also, to make sure this is not device-related, could you check on a different device (using your own account) to see if the issue persists? In case you don't have a different device, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to test it out. This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello and thanks for your answer!

I tried another device. It was an Apple IPhone with IOS. With this device I can share my personal Playlists.

With my Android, it doesn´t still work. It is strange, that I can share the Spotify Plalists like the Spotify Recap 2022 and so on, but not my own Playlists...

Perhaps, should I try another Android device (if i find one)?

Thanks

Hey @mrhorsepower,

Thank you for your swift response.

Since it works on an iPhone, it's possible that the issue could be related to the SD card. In case you have any SD card inserted in your phone, remove it, restart the device and try again.

If the issue persists, would you mind checking if changing the Wi-Fi network makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can use your mobile data or a public hotspot.

Lastly, if you could check on a different Android device, it would be a great help to continue investigating your case.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts