Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to Share Songs to Instagram Story

Solved!

Unable to Share Songs to Instagram Story

Plan

Premium Family

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22

Operating System

Android 13

Spotify Version 

Instagram Version

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try to share a song from the Spotify app to Instagram for a story, Spotify brings me to a screen where I can see the track title, artist, art, etc. However, when I tap the Instagram story icon to share, it just reloads and takes me back to the same screen; it also says "Unsupported Browser" when I tap More.

Both applications have all permissions allowed and are up-to-date as of 11/19/2022.

Screenshot_20221119_093509_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20221119_093520_Android System.jpg
Top Answer
AlejaR

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting and the Community and for all the info shared.

In this case, to continue investigating this further, we'll need the following info, so we can further this info to the right team:

• Make/model and OS of the affected device
  • Spotify version and Instagram version you have running
  • All the troubleshooting you've tried
  • A video recording of this behavior

You can attach the videos in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload them to YouTube or Google drive and make them public, so we can visualize them.

Note: If you're new to this thread and you noticed this behavior recently, be aware, we’ll need every single detail in the list above, so our tech team can investigate further. If perhaps you've already posted, but you didn't send all this info, no worries, please reply again with the remaining details. If you kindly sent us everything, you don't need to post the info again 🙂

Keep us in the loop!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies!

We're glad to hear that this has been fixed. If anyone is still experiencing this issue, we'd suggest keeping your Instagram app up to date.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

71 Replies

Plan

Free

Country

Bulgaria

Device

TCL 20 SE

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

When i try to post a song or a lyrics instagram just crashesh multiple times and everything is up to date but i still can't post 

I have the exactly same problem on my S21. Instagram and Spotify versions are the latest. Performed clean-reinstall on both apps after clearing cache/data. Nothing helped.

Same here with Xiaomi MI 9T. Tried everything mentioned above. Still IG crashes when trying to dejaré a song from Spotify 😞

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro

Operating System

MIUI 12 5.4 Android 11 

My Question or Issue

i want to share song to instagram stories, after i click button share to stories spotify app open instagram app, after 1-2sec instagram app force close and return to the page to choose to share on social media platforms on spotify app

Same issue. 

• Android 12
  • Pixel 3XL phone 
  • Issue started today August 4 

"Share to" IG Stories crashes. 

Tried reinstalling restarting phone.

Also tried reinstalling Spotify. 

Did not try reinstalling IG (not feasible - would lose settings and content) 

Please investigate + fix asap. 

Same issue. 

• Australia 
  • Spotify Premium 
  • Android 12 
  • Google Pixel 3XL 

Share To Stories crashes

Hi folks,

Sorry to hear that this started happening to you.

Can you let us know if this started after an app or OS update? Let us know exactly what happens when you try to share a song to your IG story - does the Spotify app freeze or does Instagram freeze. Does the story become available at all?

It would also be helpful to know your:

- Device model and OS version

- Spotify version

Looking forward to your replies.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same issue. 

• Turkey
  • Spotify Premium 
  • Android 12 
  • Samsung Galaxy S20FE

android version: 12

device: galaxy S21

spotify version:8.7.52.1010

Spotify doesn't crash, only IG crashes. When i click the "stories" button in Spotify it opens IG story page for a second then it crashes. But in the end it doesn't add the story at all

It's Instagram that crashes not Spotify. So it could be an IG problem. But it only started doing this recently.

- No app update 

- No OS update as far as I know (it sometimes gives me the option to update OS in the middle of the night in which case I wouldn't know it did) 

- Spotify doesn't crash 

- IG doesn't crash per se - if IG was not already open, the "share to" would open up a new instance of IG so it becomes a draft Story - in this case, it tries to start a draft Story, fails, reverts back Spotify 

See this Loom: 

https://www.loom.com/share/2f01baa8679a4aea93f32677ed46bd9e

Spotify version is 8.7.52.1010

Same issue with Galaxy Note 20 5G and Galaxy A53 5G

Has been doing it for the last few days out of the blue. It can't post story to Instagram, noting updated or changed and on various phones as you can see others with issue. I sometimes get a white box pop up saying instagram keeps stopping.

Temporary solution for y'all 

Downgrade instagram to version 244.1.0.19.110. It still works with that.

Hey Alex,

Ive been experiencing the same problem as everyone here for the past couple days and I just found this today. this is what I got going on...

1. I choose Share to Instagram stories, switches to Instagram stories for a second and then crashes and goes back to the sharing screen on Spotify. I am able to open up Instagram through my home screen. No apps freeze.

2. Instagram updated 2 days ago and Spotify was 5 days ago. I noticed the problem either Saturday or Monday, can't remember exactly.

3. I'm running android 12 on my pixel 4. 

Spotify version- 8.7.52.1010

Instagram version- 246.0.0.16.113

Hi there,

Currently experiencing the same as other users have reported. When I go to share a song to my IG story, Instagram opens momentarily at the draft story screen before crashing and redirecting me to the Spotify share screen. Multiple attempts result in a notification that "This app is not responding" (IG). Instagram opens fine on its own otherwise. The story does not become available at all.

It was working fine for me on Aug 3, and the issue started happening on Aug 4. I don't believe there were any app updates but I could be mistaken.

Device: Pixel 5

Spotify: version 8.7.52.1010

Hi there

Im not sure if it started after updating

Spotify version - 8.7.54.403

Device model and - TCL SE 20 

OS version - Android 11 

TCL UI version - v3.0.2BEC

This just got fixed for me!

Suggested posts