Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing using Send To NOT WORKING

Sharing using Send To NOT WORKING

Hi all!

I've been increasingly frustrated lately as I have been unable to share songs with friends. When I press the 3 dot menu and press Share I get the screen shown in the attachment instead of the regular "Send To" and "Post to" options. This has been the case on my brand new Galaxy S7 and my former HTC One M8. Any help in restoring the old sharing mode would be greatly appreciated!

Things I've tried:

Logged out of all devices and signed in ONLY on my phone

Uninstalled Spotify, deleted all remaining cache and folders manually, reinstalled (x3)

Searched forums for a similar problem but found nothing

Share.png
7 Replies

I have this exact same problem, no idea how to fix it but it's frustrating having to go onto a PC just to share songs.

@daylan_driedger wrote:
I have this exact same problem, no idea how to fix it but it's frustrating having to go onto a PC just to share songs.

Can you both confirm the application version number you are using? I'm on the beta 6.3.x on my M9 running Android 6.0 and sharing works as you describe it should.

I'm not aware this is functionality has changed since 6.2.x which is the current stable release so am at a loss as to why it's not working for you. Can you both try a clean install following the guide linked in my signature which will ensure both your device and system accounts are running clean... hopefully this should resolve the issue. Let me know if it doesn't and we can look at next steps.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hey, according to this post, "...told it was part of them rolling out a new feature, and that I'll have to deal with it until it resolves itself".

Joe

@Joe wrote:

Hey, according to this post, "...told it was part of them rolling out a new feature, and that I'll have to deal with it until it resolves itself".

Joe

Thanks @Joe! Good spot - I did have a look in some of the RS boards; but couldn't see anything relating to sharing as a new feture. Should have done a larger search.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Heh, I only remembered as I'd replied to similar posts @Daniel. I do think you guys should have access to a list of A/B tests - would save some confusion.

Thanks for sharing this. It's not really a solution but it does address the problem. It's been a month since that post so I wonder when a fix is coming.

I also have this problem. Spotify, fix this **bleep**! This is the one thing you have going for you over the other streaming services.. 

Suggested posts