Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharp buzzing noise during playback

Sharp buzzing noise during playback

I have multiple spotfiy playlists downloaded and this happens on each of them. There is a very sharp, short buzz noise that happens frequently during playback. I tried finding a youtube video or something to show what it sounds like, but I cant come up with anything. The closest thing I can think of is the sound that a live stereo 3.5mm wire sounds like  when you touch the metal withn nothing plugged in. I am not sure if its maybe an issue with the downloaded playlists where the quality got messed up, or an issue with maybe the phone itself

25 Replies

I hear the loud buzz that comes out of the blue and interrupts the song. It appears about once a session and it has zero to do with my hardware, software, what I had for lunch or the color of my underwear that day. "Helpful" suggestions that I waste time reinstalling things or trying this and that. (What? It's a web app...come on)

As you suggest, and as I suspect as well, this is a Spotify device to sabotage anyone trying to record the music. It sucks and it's a **bleep** move.

In my case it was the song it'self that has the buzz - I did not realize
that until much later Not Spotify's fault at all.
But I think I recognize something in your recent post that I can offer as a
suggestion:

Move your cell phone away from your speakers, or headphone wires. Every
once and a while when the cell phone checks into the towers around it,
there can be radio interference. I have noticed this with several differet
cell phones and happens to the FM radio in my car as well.

If this is not relevant in your situation, then my apologies. I'll leave it
up to someone else to offer suggestions.

I am amazed that the first thing people suggest is a clean install....Seriously, reinstall because there is an issue?!

And this is also happening for me, on the browser player. I would suggest it is either the  actual stream upload or you have a browser/other process hogging the network. 

I had this same problem, after reading all the comments, solved, my router was to close to my PC! check all hardware in proximity!

Never had this happen on any android But i am experiencing it on webplayer version via windows 10 internet explorer. Never had an issue with applemusic downloaded or iheart web version. But not enough room on this laptop for music players. Thus the preference for webplayers

Never had this happen on any android But i am experiencing it on webplayer version via windows 10 internet explorer. Never had an issue with apple music downloaded or iheart web version. But not enough room on this laptop for music players. Thus the preference for webplayers

Suggested posts