Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shortcuts from homescreen always start playing shuffled

Shortcuts from homescreen always start playing shuffled

On Android, when you open up any music content with three dots and then press Add to Home Screen (e.g. an album), pressing the homescreen shortcut then plays that music always on shuffle. Why? Why can I not have the album play from start to end? Is this a bug? If it is intentional then it is very annoying - why should shuffle be the preferred way to listen to music?

4 Replies

Same here! This is new and I hope it is a bug being fixed right soon and not a feature because this sucks for audio plays / audio books !:( why would you start listening in the middle of the story???? The Jan 8th release did not help!

generally: shuffle should only be activated when clicking on the shuffle icon and not by itself!!

If you have the same problem, like my post, we need to get attention on it

Yes, it is exactly the problem you described. Our kid has its android tablet home screen  full of audio books icons and doesn’t course not understand why now the stories won’t be played in the correct order.

I raised this well over a year ago. Who the **bleep** wants an album to play in shuffle?!?! As soon as my subscription runs out on my phone contract Spotify is gone. Considering its sole purpose is to be a music player it's pretty bad at it. 

Suggested posts