Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Show Shuffle Play at all times

Show Shuffle Play at all times

I have Spotify Version 8.5.45.620 on my Galaxy S9+, and when I went to listen today, I found that the Shuffle feature had changed. When I press the Shuffle Play button and my music starts, the button changes to Pause, and when I pause the music and click Shuffle Play again, it just starts the same song where it left off. I have always used the shuffle feature to find a song that I feel like listening to when I start listening, and I can no longer do this. Please return this feature to its original functionality.

5 Replies

I'm in the same boat. Incredibly frustrating along with all the lags that the app has been having loading playlists and whatnot the last few months. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Since we're not aware of such an intended change in the Android app, we're treating this as an issue. As a result, we've moved this thread to its respective help board.

First off, do you mind performing a clean reinstall of the app following the relevant steps in this Spotify Answer?

If that doesn't work for you, do you mind letting us know if this is happening within a specific context (e.g. Liked Songs, Discover Weekly/Release Radar playlists)?

If so, does it also happen when you log in on the same device using a different account?

Thanks - keep us posted!

I tried using a clean install, and I am still having the same issue.

This issue occurs when I try to shuffle play on one of my own playlists, as
well as curated playlists, no matter if it is a liked song or not.

I have not tried a different account to see if the same issue occurs.

I checked if this issue is occuring on other devices and it does.

The same thing happens on my other phone.

I did the clean reset on my other device but the issue is still there.

Let's just say that I am NOT happy with this update. I mean, why would you need two pause buttons on the same screen? That's not how it's supposed to go.

I have a Premium plan and the issue occures on these devices: Huawei Mate 20 and Huawei P9. Both Android and both updated to their latest updates.

I hope this helps.

Are there any updates on this issue? I am still having this happen days later, and after a clean install.

Suggested posts