Announcements

Shuffle Not Working?

Highlighted

Re: Shuffle Not Working?

Music Fan

Hi Spotify folks,

Any update?  I still haven't received any emails or acknowledgements from the support team at all.

Kind of losing hope of ever able to use Spotify Free on my mobile device.....

Highlighted

Music Fan

TrFOkR3 - Imgur.png

Highlighted

Music Fan

spotify-support-wait-too-high.png

Spotify support team (if you do actually exist), it's been 22 days since I heard from you (ref:_00DD0pxIW._5005717n1h6:ref), seriously, please have the courtesy to respond back.

Is it because I'm a free account user, so I'm not as important?

Highlighted

Music Fan

So I noticed this on the desktop version of Spotify.  It seems, my mobile device cannot play music because needs a premium account.

Is this expected?  I thought Spotify Free can be used on mobile devices too?

Is Spotify advertising falsely regarding being able to use Spotify Free on mobile devices?

spotify-cannot-listen-on-mobile-device.png

Highlighted

Music Fan

Just adding evidence from there help pages.  Looks like I should be able to use Spotify Free on mobile device?

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/guides/#!/article/spotify-free-on-your-mobile-phone

support-page-saying-can-use-spotify-free-on-mobile.png

support-page-saying-can-use-spotify-free-on-mobile.png
spotify-cannot-listen-on-mobile-device.png
Highlighted

Music Fan

HI all,

Just wanted to report back.  So after waiting for so long, I decided to take to twitter to make my case.  @SpotifyCares came to my aid.

Surprisingly, they said they had no record on their side of the emails I sent based on the reference number.

However they did conitnue to offer assistance via Twitter DM.

For my case, as the coutry setting on my Spotify Free account is set to "TW" (Taiwan), it seems the Spotify Free service on mobile is not available to users based in Taiwan.

So if the country field on your account profile is set to "TW", you will not be able to use your Spotify Free account on your mobile device.

Here's the final part of the conversation I had with the SpotifyCares team.

spotify-cares-response.png

I would highly recommend getting to Twitter and reaching out to @SpotifyCares for issues, they are more responsive there.

Hope this helps.

SUGGESTED POSTS