Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Playing Songs Twice in a Row

Solved!

Shuffle Playing Songs Twice in a Row

Hello y'all,

I've been having an annoying issue the last couple days where shuffling an artist results in playing most (but not all) songs twice in a row. The songs are still shuffled they just repeat.

I've included screenshots of my queue and main player to show I dont have repeat on.

Any help resolving this will be greatly appreciated! Thank y'all for your time.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Screenshot_20190225-132826_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @colearnold00,

I've checked with a Spotify staff member, and it seems that this can happen if you're trying to shuffle songs from an artist with a low number of tracks on Spotify. As the app is trying to create a reasonably sized queue for you to listen to, it may duplicate some of the songs. But rest assured, Spotify is working on improving this.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Screenshot_20190225-132659_Spotify.jpg

Hey @colearnold00,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

First up, let's try a quick clean reinstallation of the app by following these steps. This usually helps with many ongoing issues like this.

Let me know how it goes. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Hi @Noah-S

Thanks for your reply. I have cleared the app data and reinstalled. Unfortunately, the problem is still persisting. Any ideas on what to do next?

Hey @colearnold00,

Can you check if this issue persists when using the web player or another device?

Keep me posted 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

I have been messing around with the web player and found that while some artists play the songs one after the other (Spillage Village and Pan Amsterdam) others shuffle the songs more, but still play them twice (see the Denzel Curry song SWITCH IT UP in my screenshot). Regardless, this does not seem to be isolated to my app.

spotify.PNG

Strager still, most artists are not repeating at all in both the app and web player. It generally seems to be only with the Spillage Villiage and Pan Amsterdam. Could it have something to do with number of followers or number of albums for the artist? I just tested on my friend's band Eye-C (with 12 monthly followers, 2 albums) and it is repeating one after the other.

Hey @colearnold00,

I've tried shuffling both Spillage Villiage and Pan Amsterdam on a few of my own devices, and I seem to be experiencing songs repeating one after the other as well. The good news is that this means that the issue is not isolated to your account.

I'm not exactly sure what is causing this, but I'll look into this a bit more and get back to you!

NoahSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hey @colearnold00,

I've checked with a Spotify staff member, and it seems that this can happen if you're trying to shuffle songs from an artist with a low number of tracks on Spotify. As the app is trying to create a reasonably sized queue for you to listen to, it may duplicate some of the songs. But rest assured, Spotify is working on improving this.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Suggested posts