Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle no longer all that random

Shuffle no longer all that random

With the recent update, on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android version 4.3), when I shuffle a playlist, the songs now follow a similar pseudorandom pattern. I hear much of what's in the beginning of my lists, and rarely do I hear 2/3 of my lists anymore (unless I listen for hours and hours on end, I assume). This is problematic since my lists are grouped by artist and not often do I enjoy hearing music from the same artist several times in a row; that's what album lists are for. More importantly though, this had not been an issue before the last update. I had been considering subscribing to Premium, but now I'm reneging because I don't want to pay for this problem. Any information or addressing of this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

5 Replies

Same thing for me so annoying

I've had the same problem since late November. Spent several days emailing with the nice folks at Spotify about the issue, but no one seems to know what's causing it or how to fix it. Even set up a new account with a different email address and it does the same thing. This has made the Android app pretty much useless for me.

That's a shame. Glad to know it's not unique to me, but still. Bummer.

Been following another thread on the same problem: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Shuffle-Play/idc-p/4389438#M69330

Moderator has just changed the issue's status to "Not an issue" and linked to an update from Feb 2016. Is that a joke?

Meanwhile, I'm still having the same problem with the Android app.

For me the shuffle seems to never have been all that random. You could try creating a new playlist with the same songs on it, rearranging the order of the songs, or considering making a new playlist with less songs on it? 

Suggested posts