Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle play...doesn't

Shuffle play...doesn't

I have Spotify free on Android. This problem started about 2 weeks ago. On one of my playlists, shuffle play (the only playback option in the free version) keeps starting with the first song I added to the list and goes basically in the order of the dates the songs were added. Result: out of 300+ songs on that playlist, I get the same ones in almost the same order every time I open the app. It was working fine before. Any suggestions other than deleting that playlist and starting over?

3 Replies

I, too, have this issue. I tried to change this by hitting the shuffle option for my playlist on my desktop, didn't work. My playlist has +280 songs and I have only heard the same 5-10 songs on my phone app whenever I use it. Completely ruins Spotify for me. The same thing happens with other playlists and not just ones I've made.

Update: I have since realized that this problem is affecting ALL of my playlists. I tried  building a new playlist from scratch -- still the same problem. I tried clearing the data and cache on my phone, then uninstalling/reinstalling the app. No change -- shuffle play ALWAYS starts with the first songs that were added to the playlist. Computer playback is fine; this is only a problem on my phone. And I was using Spotify on this same phone for months without any issue. What gives? Why was this not a problem until recently?

This has been going on for a month now with no solution (and no response from Spotify). I love using Spotify on my computer, but this playback problem on my phone has me ready to scrap Spotify entirely. Help!

Suggested posts