Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle play missing

Shuffle play missing

I just downloaded the new free spotify app on android. However I understand that the only way to play music as a free user is to use the "shuffle play" button but unfortunately this button is no where to be seen on my screen. Help!? I can only see the "download" feature, which of course I cannot do as im not a spotify premium user. 

16 Replies

I'm experiencing the exact same thing!

What version of android and devices are you using guys? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The shuffle button should appear at the top of every playlist, whether opened from your own playlists, browse or discover but it doesn't appear if you open an album from an artist's page or from a search result. In those cases, the shuffle button will show once you start playing an album and go to the album cover view by tapping the small cover at the bottom left.

If you are on Free, I assume that tapping any track in the album will automatically shuffle amyway. Just to add to the confusion, the first time you install spotify on your mobile device, you will get a 48 hour free premium trial.

I have android version 2.2.2 and i have an old huawei phone, not sure exact name

I am having this problem too.
I posted about it but no one cared about it. (This is why I hate forums. Allow people to e-mail you Spotify!)

I'm on Android 2.2.2 using a Huwei stockholm (U8180)

You can get in touch with the spotify support team at any time by using the online contact form.. Just out of interest, can you still play music even though you see no shuffle button?

Not here

I think I found the problem.
On my tablet it has version 0.7-something wich has the shuffle play button.
On my phone, (the huwai one) it's 0.6-something.
I tried going to m.spotify.com and it says it can't parse the packet's data (using the manal installation)

I'm guessing that Google Play downloads 0.6 to our phones because that's the latest one we can read. (Google Play says the app is up to date, too)

Maybe this is it ?

I think that is very possible, in which case older android devices won't get free spotify. I'm going to ask the spotify guys and will post back here once I have an answer

Hi, it's me again. It's as we thought - you need an up to date version of spotify to get Free but android 2.2 will only run spotify 0.6.5 as detaled here. Time to ask Santa for a new mobile 🙂

Aww 😞

Maybe Spotify will update so newer versions can be ran on 2.2.2 ? 😛

At least I can run it on my tablet 

Hello,

I've got the same problem, shuffle button is nowhere to be seen, and it is on my new HTC One m8, running Android 4.4.2.

Any ideas? :3

Weird, is it missing from all views and on the now playing screen?

Peter

I am using the free version of Spotify and can't find it anywhere, so can't play music at all.

I tried reinstalling but it is the same. Spotify Mobile is free in all the countries where Spotify is available, right? At first I was thinking maybe it is not available in Taiwan, but after googling it doesn't seem to be the case.

Having a quick search on the community, it appears that mobile free is not available in Taiwan as mentioned over on this topic:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Free-music-streaming-in-Taiwan/m-p/625718#M22988

Peter

Oh man, that sucks. I am from Poland and was paying for Premium before Spotify was available in Taiwan so I could listen to it here. Then it came and I messaged admins to switch my account to Taiwanese, but looks like now I'm at disadventage again :3

Thank you for the help though!

Suggested posts