Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle play on Premium?

Shuffle play on Premium?

I can't figure why I have only the choice for shuffle play on my Android app. I am a premium subscriber. I recently uninstalled the app, in fact I did a fresh install of the phone firmware so all data was cleared. I was hoping that would solve it but it hasn't. Any help appreciated. 

8 Replies

Hello @user-removed!

Does it say your account is premium on this page? 🙂 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Can you try checking your Account page as suggested. 
Also, make sure you're using the right account details as it's easy to mix up Spotify Accounts and Facebook accounts

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks for the replies. Yes it says I'm premium on that page. I think my original account is linked to my Facebook account, as it uses the same username which I had originally. Also, the android app lets me download music for offline listening which I believe is a premium only feature? Could cyanogenmod be causing an issue? Thanks again.

I don't think so. I'll escalate this thread so that a member of the team can have a look at your account setup... it may be that there are some conflicts with your 2 accounts.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you.

Hey @user-removed 

We'll take a look at this for you. Could you either contact us on Twitter or using our contact form? We'll go from there!

Thanks for the reply. I have contacted you by the contact form. Thanks again.

@apostle - maybe you already have tried this right from the beginning, but have you tried simply clicking the first song on album/playlist, does it start playing straight on from there?

This thread https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Premium-User-forced-to-shuffle/td-p/783555 helped me to realise that even though there is only the obnoxiously big SHUFFLE PLAY button right in the middle of an album view (especially on vertical phone layout), being the first/only call to action element, I can nevertheless play full albums in a NORMAL play mode simply by clicking the first song.

Just thought to let you know as I was struggling with the same problem, and found out the help from that other thread myself. Hopefully you'll also find a resolution one way or another!

Suggested posts