Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8+

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Since a recent update, shuffle gets turned off after selecting an individual song from the library to be played. It is extremely annoying as after listening to a particular song I'd want to, I have to turn back shuffle on again, which is on by default by me.

(It is a different topic that shuffle isn't a real shuffle, it keeps playing the same songs over and over, despite I have more than 1000 songs in my library.)

5 Replies

Re: Shuffle resets after selecting a song

ishotmarvin

Same problem here, but with Spotify Connect on my Yamaha reciever (RV-V481). 

Hey @Dester and @ishotmarvin,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Could you first try a quick clean reinstall on your Android devices, making sure to clear all Spotify app data? This support article has all the relevant steps.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the exact version of Spotify running on your devices? If you could also provide us with a screen recording which illustrates the issue, that would be really helpful.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies.

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers

KuroNeko97
Casual Listener

@peter

Same problem but with Samsung S7. Tried redownloading it. Did that with full clean so nothing stayed saved. Logged back in and tried it out. Still the same. When I put it on shuffle. It stays on shuffle as long as I dont select a different song. If I do select a different song the shuffle gets toggled off.

Samsung Galaxy S7

Android Version 8.0.0

Spotify Version  8.5.9.737

Issue started 14-06-2019 after Spotify updated

No video of issue

wlodi
Casual Listener

I'm having the same issue, shuffle just doesn't stay "on" whenever you select a new song.

Pixel 2 XL

Android 9

KuroNeko97
Casual Listener

Same problem but with Samsung S7. Tried redownloading it. Did that with full clean so nothing stayed saved. Logged back in and tried it out. Still the same. When I put it on shuffle. It stays on shuffle as long as I dont select a different song. If I do select a different song the shuffle gets toggled off.

Samsung Galaxy S7

Android Version 8.0.0

Spotify Version  8.5.9.737

Issue started 14-06-2019 after Spotify updated

SUGGESTED POSTS