Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

OnePlus 8T

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

As a Premium CUSTOMER, I'm SICK of Spotify inserting ads at the beginning of Podcasts I subscribe to. Even WORSE, they are always FOREIGN LANGUAGE ads....

NB They are NOT from the content creators, they are inserted by SPOTIFY.

I'm in Ireland however I'm being subjected to French, German, & Dutch language ads on a constant basis...

What's the solution here???)

6 Replies

Hey @scolu,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We get that you are hearing ads that you believe aren't coming from the podcast creators themselves. Does this situation occur on all podcasts or just on some particular ones? Could you please send us links to the shows/episodes where this happens for you, so we can take a look at them and advise you better? A short video of the experience will also be very helpful for our investigation. You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @kiril,

Where/how would you like this information sent to you?

Hi @scolu!

You can simply post the links to the episodes here in your reply - we'll check them out and see if we experience the same behavior as you. A short screen recording would also be greatly appreciated. You can either user the Insert Video option in the post editor as mentioned previously, or upload it to a cloud service and post the link to it so we can get a clear understanding of what's happening on your end.

Keep us posted. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hey @scolu,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

We've checked the link you sent and we can confirm that the advertisement at the beginning is part of the audio file uploaded to our platform. That means that the Ad is part of the episode and not added by Spotify. 

Keep in mind that if the ad is included by Spotify, the podcast image will change to the one mentioned in the Ad and the progress bar will only show the Ad length while playing. In this case, the progress bar shows the total duration of the episode and the image remains the same.

Podcasts usually include some advertising. This has been the case since the early days of podcasts, and continues to be true today, including on Spotify. Therefore, even as a Premium user, you may receive advertising or sponsored messages when playing a podcast as the audio file already includes it.

Hope this clarifies things a bit. If you have any additional questions, the Community is just a post away.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for the response however the creators are adamant that the ads are not from their side.  

Suggested posts