Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Size of average song in MB

Solved!

Size of average song in MB

Hi guys,

I am wondering, how big one song file in offline mode is. How much MB does one average song (3-4 minutes) have in normal quality and high qualtiy.

I have a low space on my smartphone and I want to know, if it is more spacesaving when I use spotify offline mode.

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there.

Thanks for kind input.

Data usage when streaming / offline:

Quality 96 kbps => 0.72 MB per minute. (Only in Mobile these days)
Quality 160 kbps => 1.2 MB per minute. (Free, Unlimited, Premium)
Quality 320 kbps => 2.4 MB per minute. (Only Premium at Desktop, mobile streaming some devices)

I have right now 1,330 songs of Dancecore/Handsup music and it is downloaded to my Windows laptop and Android phone. Most of music is radio edited, club edited, remix edited etc. Like short. Some extended when short is unavailable / not made. It is 11.4 GB in size / each device. Hope this helps. My laptop SSD drive is 256 GB (available after hidden sections for Windows recovery media etc. 226 GB) and in phone 32 GB Micro-SDHC card (29.81 GB in real).

Since my Internet is really slow, 1 Mbit/s / 0.5 Mbit/s, mobile in phone, it helps me to have all the speed for Internet browsing / downloading. It takes ages to load 2 devices on 1.25 Mbit/s, but it is possible. Cable modem I will quit in December finally. As I have no use.

I hope you will have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Jurziu xd

View solution in original post

6 Replies

For normal quality, songs typically should be 3 to 4 megabytes.

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!
Marked as solution

Hey there.

Thanks for kind input.

Data usage when streaming / offline:

Quality 96 kbps => 0.72 MB per minute. (Only in Mobile these days)
Quality 160 kbps => 1.2 MB per minute. (Free, Unlimited, Premium)
Quality 320 kbps => 2.4 MB per minute. (Only Premium at Desktop, mobile streaming some devices)

I have right now 1,330 songs of Dancecore/Handsup music and it is downloaded to my Windows laptop and Android phone. Most of music is radio edited, club edited, remix edited etc. Like short. Some extended when short is unavailable / not made. It is 11.4 GB in size / each device. Hope this helps. My laptop SSD drive is 256 GB (available after hidden sections for Windows recovery media etc. 226 GB) and in phone 32 GB Micro-SDHC card (29.81 GB in real).

Since my Internet is really slow, 1 Mbit/s / 0.5 Mbit/s, mobile in phone, it helps me to have all the speed for Internet browsing / downloading. It takes ages to load 2 devices on 1.25 Mbit/s, but it is possible. Cable modem I will quit in December finally. As I have no use.

I hope you will have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Jurziu xd

But you can't talk with me in Portuguese 😛

so if you download a song and its got a virus or malware ive heard that the song will be bigger format. is this true? if its not, then how can you tell?

hey, huntress again. also wondering how to get rid of the virus without antivirus software. can you delete it yourself? and if so, what does the file look like... and all that. i have no idea how to say, um ect/etc, so well just go with that.

hi! N. here.

1- it IS possible for a audio file to contain malware.

but it is barely noticeable because malware are so light-weight these days.

will he.mp3   5MB (clean) (5.012MB)

will he.mp3   5MB (infected) (5.148MB)

some malwares even infect shortcuts!

though, for android and IOS especially,

you're pretty safe.

unless rooted or jailbroken, then you MIGHT need to be paranoid.

---

2- yes.

some antiviruses (like my favorire, AVAST) also contain a feature which REPAIRS the infected file. [simplifying it, removes the malware part and fills the void and nulls that's left with some love. that's kind of... advanced -.-']

however, most of repairs are unsuccessful.

because these elaborate rootkits and worms, most of the time, are impossible to be removed from a file.

that is, if only A PART of audio file is a malware...

which In most cases, the whole audio Is a malware (easily detected).

---

3- how often will you see such a thing?

PRETTY RARE

a audio file infected with a malware?

not to be seen. very very rare indeed.

unless if it's someone who's really trying hard to own your data, not going to happen.

and if it happns so often that someone feels the urge to ruin your life so bad, the audio malware still needs ANOTHER malware/uploader to function properly.

the second malware one get's detected easily.

so chill.

delete temp, clean host list file, run boot-time scan, clean your files tidy and in order, keep your mind clear.

give files, images and memes you download a proper name explaining what they are.

NEVER trust any app.

even your antivirus 🙂

[pssstt...

if you run avast FREE antivirus, use hardcore/aggressive mode, it's gonna help.]

---

Suggested posts