Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Skip/Pause/Play not working via Bluetooth in my car

Skip/Pause/Play not working via Bluetooth in my car

Hello,

I am struggeling with the audio playback in my car (Seat Leon ST FR 2016). I enjoy listening to my Spotify playlists while driving very much and everything worked great until an uncertain point.

Since then, the Skip, Pause and Play-function on my steering-wheel as well as on the touch screen of the car do not work in like five of ten tries. If you push the button, the phone will execute the command, but there is a delay of at least 10-15 seconds, what makes skipping songs very uncomfortable.

Moreover, when the song is finally skipped then, the displayed song-title will only change on the next song-skip, resulting in the displayed song-name being one song behind the actual playback all the time (which is a minor issue, but still annoying).

What i tried until now:

- Resetting my phone to factory default and trying with only the Spotify-App installed

- Switching the phones firmware to a third party one (LineageOS), the problem is present in the stock firmware as well as the third party one

- Re-pairing the phone with my car various times

- disabling battery-saving on the Spotify- and Bluetooth components

- trying different options concerning playback/Bluetooth in the Android development-options

- resetting my cars multimedia-settings by disconnecting the battery and waiting for alle settings to be gone

None of this changed anything.

Is there anything which can be done against this behaviour? I really don't know what to try next and listening to music is not really possible the way things go...

All tested songs are downloaded on the phones internal memory btw (this is not an mobile data / connection thing).

Thank you so much in advance!

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

LG Nexus 5X

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Anyone got an idea?