Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Skipping 15secs ahead at the end of a podcast causes bug

Skipping 15secs ahead at the end of a podcast causes bug

Hi,

When listening to podcasts I often skip the last bit using the default skip 15secs ahead button, which replaces the usual skip to next track button when on podcasts opposed to music.

However, when you press it during the last 15secs of the episode, it skips 15 secs ahead and gets stuck after the end of the track (ie at 10:05 when the track ends at 10:00) which is quite annoying as it just pauses there and wont move to the next one with the skip ahead buttons.

This has been the case on both my Samsung phones.

I know you can just expand the playing notification and then use the skip track opposed to the skip ahead buttons but would be nice if this was fixed regardless.

7 Replies

Hi there @tommo-15,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Another troubleshooting step is to try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persist.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you provide us a screen recording?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

1. This bug comes up all the time when skipping credits at end of podcast.  I tried the clean reinstall steps here without no success.  See video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t-deAOQmzNCbU7Tp3JgjA7cgN_7weOnP/view?usp=drivesdk

Hey @jmalissa

Thanks for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Community 🙂 

Could you let us know your device's make, model, exact OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running?

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate this?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My phone is a Google Pixel 3 on Verizon.  Please see attached for the Android version and Spotify version.  I might try to test it with another account later.  May I ask if you are or are not able to replicate the issue on your phone?

Screenshot_20210510-121115.png
Screenshot_20210510-120921.png

Hi @jmalissa

Thanks for your reply. 

Testing this from my end, I was able to replicate the issue. In this case, we'd like to suggest a few more troubleshooting steps to cover the basics. 

Is the same thing happening if you log in to your account using a different device? This will help us take a deeper look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I logged into my account on my roommate's iPhone and could not replicate the bug.  Skipping 15 seconds at the end of a podcast correctly skipped ahead to the next podcast.

Hi @jmalissa,

Thanks for the reply.

This sounds like an account related issue, since you experience it on your account and @Novy does too. I tried reproducing this with two accounts on two different devices and skipping at the end worked fine, skipping to the next episode.

Could you check if Crossfade is set to 0 and Gapless is switched on in the settings on your account?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts