Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Skips and Such on the mobile app

Skips and Such on the mobile app

First, I just want to say that I love spotify and I use it pretty much 24/7. However, I don't understand why when you are on your cell phone, you don't have unlimited skips if you are on wifi. When you are on a tablet, you can do as much as you can on a computer. I understand that you want people to get premium and such, but you should not have a limited amount of skips and stuff when the cell phone is on wifi. For example, sometimes I like to listen to my cell phone spotify when I'm in my house. Even if I'm five feet from my computer! I mean I'm in high school, I can't afford to spend $120 a year on music. Also, with the skips, I think it would be great if the number of skips changed for the number of songs in the playlist. For example, my most commenly played playlist has 1,723 songs in it. I should be able to skip more than 5 songs. Plus, this also could be used to encourage use of spotify 😉 

1 Reply

Hi there. Just to clarify; the reason the tablet has free play is because this type of device has taken over more as people's main home computer. As such if was agreed with the licensing parties that Spotify could allow the same privileges that it could the desktop app.

The mobile however is classed as a different type of device and the licensing companies enforced that free play could not be allowed, even ad supported.

I understand your frustration, but do remember this isn't just about spotify making money. It's also the music label and artists that benefit from this hence why these are mutual decisions which sometimes cannot be controlled by Spotify.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts