Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Slow App

Slow App

Hello! 

I have been using my Spotify app for a few years now. I have an android Huawei device and it works perfectly fine, except for my Spotify App. We use a Spotify premium Family membership with the 4 of us and for everyone in my family it works great. 

In my app it's just trash. It takes a really long time to open the starting screen and when that's finally loaded it takes an even longer time to search for music. Albums and playlists take multiple minutes and then after that it takes about a minute or 2 to start playing a song. 

I have the latest version of the app and my phone has enough storage. I tried redownloading, logging off and on but nothing works. 

Does anybody have a solution for my problem? 

Kind regards, 

Floor

6 Replies

Good to know I'm not alone with this issue. I have the Galaxy Note 10 5G, 64GB SD, and 128GB Internal Storage (100GB Available) and the Spotify App takes about a minute to load, approx. 45 Seconds to play the first song on a playlist OR Followed Podcast ep., switching to a new song comes with a 20-30 second delay, AND in the car the Next/Previous track is erratic as **bleep**.

I don't know what happened but this wasn't an issue with my Note 9. I'm a Premium Subscriber (About 3 yrs now) and I'm legit thinking about cancelling and going with Pandora/Deezer.

I've tried reinstalling the app, cleaning caches, updating permissions, updating battery optimization for the app, nothing works. I have plenty of storage on my phone, 5G and strong Wi-Fi and it is slow regardless. I don't understand. 

Yup, same here. Reinstalled it, emptied the cache, nothing works.

It gets worse with every update. It's insane.

They are desperately trying to have their subscribers be more 'engaged' with their apps, and come up with extra features nobody need which slow down our experience.

They know they can get away with it. It's shameless really.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

We'd first suggest performing a thorough reinstallation of the app with the steps listed in this Spotify Answer as this usually does the trick for similar issues with the app.

If you're still having troubles after that, it'd be helpful if you could give us some additional details on what's happening so we can take a closer look:

• If you haven't shared this already, the affected device and its OS version
  • The exact version of the Spotify app
  • Is this happening when you're connected to WiFi or 3G/4G? Or both?
  • Do you have an SD card on your device? If so, could you let us know if it persists when you're not using one?
  • Any screenshots or screen-recordings of what's happening would be helpful - just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else in the meanwhile.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi i have noticed if you are on wifi swap from the 5 htz to 2.4 htz and it as alot smoother. No lag time at all. Smooth as silk. Especially if you are far from router. 2.4 htz covers ranges and 5 htz is faster. I have fiber optic gigabyte service. But I think android (i am currently using s 20 ultra) or spotify needs to do some updating to 5 htz compatibility. Spotify for PC works well with 5 htz and it runs smooth and at 2.4. Hope this helps. 

Had the same problem on my Samsung S10. Family account and stored Playlists on SD. 

Tried cleaning the cache and clearing data. No difference.

But Uninstalled and reinstalled seems to have done the trick. Runs really smooth and respond quick as ever. 

I agree. Switching my LG G7 android phone from 5G to 2.4G wifi solved my spotify lagginess.  Spotify, please fix your app!

Suggested posts