Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Smartphone crashes when i start Spotify

Solved!

Smartphone crashes when i start Spotify

Hello everyone,

since i updated the Spotify App my smartphone crashes when i start the App. I can start the app then i have a black display with the icon for the menu in the left upper corner and my touch screen as well as the buttons aren't working anymore.

I have a Alcatel OneTouch 6030D with Android Firmware Version 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean).

Tried to uninstall and install the app new but this didn't change anything.

Would appreciate any help.

Dani

22 Replies
Marked as solution

@try THIS OUT. So I tweeted on @spotifycare and asked about this. And they let me try to Reboot phone > Open Bluetooth > Open Spotify. And it worked. I also tried it again w/o the bluetooth on and still works. Idk what's up with that, but I guess this could help. (I'm using Alcatel 6030X) I hope this helps you.

@wani wrote:

Hello everyone,

since i updated the Spotify App my smartphone crashes when i start the App. I can start the app then i have a black display with the icon for the menu in the left upper corner and my touch screen as well as the buttons aren't working anymore.

I have a Alcatel OneTouch 6030D with Android Firmware Version 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean).

Tried to uninstall and install the app new but this didn't change anything.

Would appreciate any help.

Dani

Marked as solution

Thats work for me! Open bluetooth, update to last vercion, reboot, and open new spotify app. Thank you!

Nope, my only solution was to down grade. My phone shows there's an update there but I'm too chicken to upgrade in case the problems come back. I never got a reply from the "official" Spotify help, only help on here from other users

Suggested posts