Premium

Country

England

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

Recently - literally within the last couple of days - the share feature of spotify no longer works. I have rcently been sharing song links via whatsapp without any issue. I setup a collaborative playlist today and tried to share it and spotify started crashing. I then tried to share a basic song (as I know that previously worked) and that crashed too. I've bounced the phone and reinstalled spotify and still have the same problem. Any ideas? Sharing music is key so this is quite fristrating! Spotify bombs out and returns the the Android home screen.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, 

The share option is now working again with me. Just updated my phone (Samsung S7) and now it's doing great. Try to update your phone, perhaps this will help you too. Good luck!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey @gaz_1976, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I would recommend following these steps to help resolve the issue you're having:

- Try to remove registered Offline Devices in your accounts page;
- Switch your device off/on;
- Try a different WiFi and mobile connection

Is the result same on those connections?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi,

I trie that but still get the same issue. Thanks for getting back to me though.

Hey @gaz_1976,

Sorry to hear that it didn't work! 

Please note that Spotify's working into it and an update should be out to fix it soon 🙂

Thanks!

Hello,

I am experiencing the exact same issue.

Could you please update me whenever the issue is solved with you?

Thanks!

Hey @moniqueisabel,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing the same thing too!

Unfortunately I don't have an exact timeframe when this will get sorted out but I'll keep you updated on it 🙂

Thanks! 🙂

Hi there,

Same problem here, this is what i tried:

-Restarting device

-Deleted Cache

-Switched between Wifi and mobile data

-Re-installed Spotify

Nothing seems to work, hope they fix this soon.

Feel you frustrations!

I have the same problem. When I try to share a track is playing, app goes to start. I've tried with reset the app twice, but the problem continue. Please, help me. 

Hey guys,

You can also check this Ongoing Issues thread out for more details about it. You amy get informed faster there about this 🙂

Thanks! 🙂

I am having the exact same issue. It started with the recent update. When attempting to share, the app hiccups and jumps to the home screen. No other app has sharing problems.

It must be a bug in the Spotify Android app. Since it's not being reported more, it may only effect Android 8. I use a OnePlus 5.

I went so far as to factory reset my phone and reinstall Spotify as the first app. The problem persists. This appears to be a bug that needs attention from the app development team, not customer support.

Hey guys,

Make sure to check this Ongoing Issues thread out for more details about it.

Thanks! 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi, 

The share option is now working again with me. Just updated my phone (Samsung S7) and now it's doing great. Try to update your phone, perhaps this will help you too. Good luck!

Mine working too now, 🙂

Yes, my Phone upgrade too and share option of Spotify works good again. 

Suggested posts