Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Software Crashes When Trying To "Share"

Solved!

Software Crashes When Trying To "Share"

Plan

Premium

Country

United States of America

Device

LG V30 (LG-H931)

Operating System

Android Oreo (8.0.0)

Software (Spotify) Version

8.4.67.886 armv7

My Issue

Hello!

When attempting to 'Share' a song, the app freezes (no button response) and then closes/crashes. I tested this with different types of songs including offline playback and online streaming, as well as stopping playback and attempting to 'Share' from the "Now Playing" screen, under the album itself, and from a personal playlist; all resulted in a crash. A few time the app wouldn't close, but would instead freeze, go black (but still with the apps different shades of black present), and would slowly 'restart' without the app actually closing. Eventually, normal app use was possible after closing and restarting, minus the ability to 'Share'. Any effort to click on the 'Share' button results in a crash.

Thanks for any help!

Jonathan Cooper

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jaylatimer @jaylatimer! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I'm sorry, that this feature isn't working properly.

Please note that Spotify is already working on it and an update should be out to fix it soon.

And be sure to check this Ongoing Issues thread out for more details about it. ^^

Peace

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I'm getting this issue as well:

Plan

Premium

Country

United States of America

Device

OnePlus 5T

Operating System

Android Oreo (8.1.0)

Software (Spotify) Version

8.4.67.886 armv7

Marked as solution

Hey @jaylatimer @jaylatimer! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I'm sorry, that this feature isn't working properly.

Please note that Spotify is already working on it and an update should be out to fix it soon.

And be sure to check this Ongoing Issues thread out for more details about it. ^^

Peace

Suggested posts