Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some iTunes songs won't play

Some iTunes songs won't play

Hello, you all.

First of all, English is not my first language, so...

Second, the problem below only happens on my Nexus 4, running a moded 4.4 Android's ROM.

I created a playlist so I can play my iTunes song and, the problem is, some of the songs won't play. They get grayed out and give me the "track not available" error. I tried do recreate the playlist. Re-import the songs. I even cleared all the Spotify's cache from my mobile, with no use. The strange part is, abouth a month ago they played ok.

All the songs (the ones that play and the ones that doesn't) are in .m4a format. AAC won't play either.

On Spotify Web Player and desktop app, they play with no problems.

I don't know it this helps, but all the songs that won't play comes from the same album (I don't know if I can say the band's or album's name, so I won't).

So, anyone knows a way to fix this?

4 Replies

It's fine to say the album causing issues. I think the issue is that your phone doesn't support the particular encoding of the local tracks, so when they are synced over your phone cannot play them. If you convert the tracks to something more compatible like mp3 then sync you shouldn't have any issues.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hey,

So, I converted one of the songs to .mp3 and it still doesn't play. And since theres no problem saying the name, it's The Beatles's Abbey Road. I've got other 2 Beatles album playing ok, but this one doesn't. About a month ago I had only Abbey Road and it played ok, and now I came back to Spotify with two more albums, and only this one doesn't work, which is very weird.

Tomorrow I'll be able to test in a Moto G and Galaxy Tab, so I can see where's the problem (device, file or software).

Meanwhile, I'm open to new suggestions.

Mp3...but which encoder?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Sorry, but this is getting to specific to me. I don't have ideia what is an encoder or what is the encoder of my files.

Edit: Ok, the problem solved by itself. The tracks are now available and playing just fine. Really weird.

Suggested posts